CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

mrHP

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 08:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mrHP

If price is always such an importance...Do you run walmart brand oil in your ds. Sometimes you get what you pay for.
Justin

Old 06-07-2004, 12:04 PM
Range Rover
Default mrHP

This last time I checked this is a free market economy we live in. Unless he has a patent on it, then anybody can duplicate it and sell the same thing at a lower price. It happens all the time. Competitiion in a fair market usually leads to better prices for the consumer. Plus I think that with all the "controversy" over this people will go to his website and he might sell something else besides the end cap. I know I'm interested in his ported intake, lectron carb and other items he continues to develop. I just have to wait for my unpatented wallet to save up the cash.

Old 06-07-2004, 02:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default mrHP

Well at least some people understand the basic concepts of our economy and how the ramifications impact personal finances. As for the comment about wal mart oil ...... if it were the same quality under a different name at a better price yes i would buy it. We are not talking apples and oranges here we are talking about a very similar part that I believe performs the same with a vast difference in price. I put to you the same question I posed previously about the DS would you still buy it if there were another named quad that was exactly the same but with different name only the off name one was $3800 less than the Bombardier brand. No need to respond I think we all know the answer.
However, I would be interested in what Mr HP himself has to say about all of this. It seems there are many willing to speak on his behalf but we don't know what he feels, thinks about the whole situation. He is one of many trying to better the performance of the DS for all of us, but isn't the person responsible for putting out the same end cap under another name for a better price doing the same thing by trying to make these improved performance parts more affordable ? I don't see any one jumpng in to make a statement to that effect. I have nothing but respect for Mr HP, but still maintain that if I can get the same thing at a better price I must look out for my wallet and not his.

Old 06-07-2004, 03:00 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default mrHP

i bought a ds 90 a honda 90 knock off i got rid of real fast, little things were not the same, it would have been ugly after a year or two. and yes it was cheaper, but i also had the honda 90 at the time, and what seemed better at first soon turned for the worse.

Old 06-07-2004, 03:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default mrHP

I think the point of some of the earlier post where not about having a knock off part for cheaper. Its about buying a knock off part and then going to the originator for technical support.

I don't consider a company a valuable asset to the DS community that makes an exact duplicate of a part that is already available on the market and then sells it for less. If they really wanted to be a valuable asset to the DS community then they would improve on a part and sell it for less!

Old 06-07-2004, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default mrHP

I have a mod quad end cap and its not an exact duplicate. Also if you look at what modquad makes, they make all kinds of billet stuff for the DS that i dont see MRHP making. Its not like this is only what modquads sells so you all need to quit your whining. Competition=lower prices for us all and better products so let there be some competition. $125 for a piece of aluminum that costs $20(if that) and a couple minutes in the CNC to be machiced should not have a retail price of more than $75 or so. You all say customer service and this and that, what type of customer service do you need for an end cap. It took me 5 minutes to change the main jet, its a couple hose clamps and 4 screws. Its not like mrhp can read your plug from a 1000 miles away. You need to have atleast some knowledge about jetting if you are going to be doing it, if not, do what rykid is doing and take it to his local dealer.

Quit whining and enjoy the friendly competition because it will lead to better and cheaper and hopefully more products for all of us. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Just my .02

Sean

Old 06-07-2004, 04:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default mrHP

End caps have been around for a LONG time people. Heck I used to have them made and sold them to my friends for 30 bucks. And yes they worked great.

I dont know who the First person was that started making them, but everyone thier after IS BRAND X.

If anyone ever has a jetting question, please dont hesitate to ask. send me a PM if need be.

bigger.

Old 06-07-2004, 07:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default mrHP

The whole competition thing is great, if there wasnt, everyone would be happy with a stock ds. But why stay safe and copy what someone else does. Step out...Make something different. Check your walmart oil it should have the same classifications as you BRAND X oil. But whats the difference? PRICE. Same with Napa brand Synthetic, just its half the price of the leading brand synthetic. How about glasses, maybe the whoile oil thing didnt work too well, lets try sun glasses. I would rather by Oakley than fakley just because I know if I ever have any problems oakley will help me out, and they have in the past, but they look pretty close the same, well are they? I thinks its great that someone is making more stuff for the ds, but just do something that sets it apart is all I am saying. The quality of the new stuff may be as good, we all know its cheaper, but make it different. If mrhp started making billet stuff just like modquad, and started selling it at 1/2 price how do you think they would feel. It is competition, but maybe it not a competition worth screwing with.Moral of the story is well, I dont really have one, just wanted to post something. I am probably just rambling, but I am having fun anyway. I think it time to go and have a couple of cold ones, for me and all you.
Later
Justin

Old 06-07-2004, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default mrHP

How different can you make an end cap? It is a peice of metal with a hole in the middle. Not much room for innovation.

Old 06-07-2004, 08:17 PM
Range Rover
when your holding the football - people will throw evrything they can at you to strip it away .... including the waterboy at the end of the bench.
Default mrHP

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] If one was to understand the physics concerning exhaust flow, one may be surprised just how much of a difference altering the properties of that "hole" can make. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: mrHP