CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS 650 Motor Builders

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 02:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS 650 Motor Builders

I want to suggest that whoever you send you motor out, that you rely exclusively on them for the work. Many on the forum that have posted negative comments have shopped for the cheapest deal, or tried to solve a problem they have with one builder by going to another builder. Stick with your builder and rely on him for assistance, not the other competetor.

Also, do your research. It is important that you know what you are asking for and know what you are going to get. And depending on your mechanical abilities, it may be in your best interest to have them do all the work for you! Mistakes, even simple ones, are expensive.

Im sure that you will be happy with the performance difference that any 720 kit gives you. Its a kick!

Have fun.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-12-2004, 03:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS 650 Motor Builders

I agree 100% with DSXBEAR - do a lot of research, make an EDUCATED choice on who to buy from, then stick with that person. As DS650 owners, we have a few REAL choices and all of the builders are able to produce machines. In the past there was only Sam Coe and a few people went to this guy since he was the only one and they all got screwed. These dyas we have the luxury of choice, but when making a whoopass chili, you only want one cook in the kitchen.

It took me FOUR YEARS before I bought my first carburetor for my DS650 - I saw a hundred people talk about their TM45s and I was never interested enough to buy one, then I heard about this Lectron, did some research & decided it was for me & now I have one.

You don't need to take four years to decide on an engine builder, but taking the time to see what each builder offers will really benefit you. Every builder has a group of people who swear by their products - and that is because they work.

I heard a rumor that once someone was happy with Sam Coe's work, but I'm pretty sure that was just a rumor.