CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Lectron 46 HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 01:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lectron 46 HELP

Does anyone have any suggestions for the air su*k I get out of the lectron 46 it really is a pain I want to use it for the perfomance but it really is hard to get used to the hard throttle responce I get? HELP

Old 06-12-2004, 03:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Lectron 46 HELP

I was having an issue with that and I spoke with the guy that sold it to me, the suction things is pretty well cured now.

1. Sand the slide
2. make sure it is adjusted correctly (metering rod, idle, and mixture screw.)

Remember this golden rule:

When adjusting the idle, you need to be adjusting it with the machine at operating temperature, to do this right you'll need to go out and ride it for about 30 minutes then come back and adjust the idle & air / fuel mixture screw.

Old 06-12-2004, 08:52 PM
Range Rover
when your holding the football - people will throw evrything they can at you to strip it away .... including the waterboy at the end of the bench.
Default Lectron 46 HELP

Right on BlackHawk, I took my slide to the buffer and now it is more reflective than a mirror - couple that with a properly routed cable...... Works like silk.

(jetted properly from the "guy" I bought mine from) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-12-2004, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default Lectron 46 HELP

I just rode the track today with my 720 and the 46HV. I was doing damn good airing the thing out and all but what really hampered me to my full potential and at times almost dangerous was the thumb throttle effort was absolutely KILLING me.

I know my cable is too long an hence it might be binding up a bit under the tank. I'm going to order another one but at certain times I was using my entire arm to push that thumb throttle. It's not so bad in the dunes but on a track where you vary the thumb throttle especially for setting up big air, you need to hammer it before flight, and gun it when you land. Iwas giving a YFZ450 a good run until my thumb fatigued.

Blackhawk where did you get your cable from? I can order it from Terry Cable but its about 2 weeks to get here.

The thing is tomorrow I'm going to anothe track.

Old 06-13-2004, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lectron 46 HELP

Entomber, make sure you lube the heck out of the cable. Route it properly, and keep it lubed, it should not be hard to pull at all.

Old 06-13-2004, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default Lectron 46 HELP

Ok Guys I have a twist on mine I want to return to the thumb what part number do I need to work with this carb I will take it down to a local polish shop and have it polished...will chroming it do better? I need help! Number and shops and contact person would help too. thx guys...

Old 06-13-2004, 02:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Lectron 46 HELP

Entomber,

I got my cable directly from Eric. With my 90 degree bend, I think the cable became about 1/4" - 1/2" too long so I made a small plastic blank to fit inside of the big adjustment screw on my Moose throttle to take up just a little slack which worked perfectly to ive me more adjustment room.

huskerjim,

I'm not sure what part number you are referring to? Are you looking for a part number for the Thumb throttle? If so you'll need to order either the Terry Cable Billet Thumb Throttle or the Moose Billet Thumb Throttle and then get a cable of the correct size for your application. (I have no clue what the correct size is or how to order up a custom cable.)

I think it would be a bad idea to get it chromed, I know chrome plating is thin but the slide is a precision machined part and that extra thickness in the wrong spot could potentially screw up your operation or not allow you to get full potential out of the carburetor.

I have never polished anything but I was told I could use some very fine grit sand paper and that should help with the action so that the slide was smooth (that is the key here, smooth, not shiny.)

Old 06-13-2004, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default Lectron 46 HELP

will do with the 3000 grit paper and see what happens, what I was hoping to get is a part number for a cable that I need to use the factory thumb throttle with the 46 Lectron HV? any suggestions anyone have one to sell?

Old 06-13-2004, 03:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Lectron 46 HELP

Don't use the factory throttle, it doesn't have enough movement to open a large carburetor. To use it you have to cut a hole in the side & that is just not something I like the idea of. In some environments it is not a problem others it will kill you. If you are going to use crazy fine grit sandpaper just be sure to work your way up to that, I don't think I've ever heard of 3000 grit paper.I though 750 - 1000 was pretty fine...

Old 06-13-2004, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default Lectron 46 HELP

I used 200grit on mine, it had a burr on the bottom of the slide. Now this thing is really sweet. 3000 will do fine, may not take off much though.
Justin

Quick Reply: Lectron 46 HELP