CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Anybody have trouble getting an oil filter?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2004, 02:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anybody have trouble getting an oil filter?

THEBOM has always had every thing I needed when I needed something... I just wanted to get it locally to save on shipping costs...I spent more on gas than I would have on shipping.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 06-13-2004, 01:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got one of those Stainless-steel filters. . . changed the oil yesterday and washed it. I like it.

Gotta check to see if they make one for the Wife's Raptor. . . at about $14 a pop I'll pay for the Stainless Steel one in about a year and a half.

My dealer does pretty good. Get a discount and they don't charge me freight in.

How many dealers are charging for the freight from Bomb to the dealer?

Old 06-13-2004, 02:21 PM
Pro Rider

The small dealer by me charges freight. I now buy from Parker Yamaha. He discounts and I don't pay sales tax. Why doesn't Bombardier make their dealers stock a certain amount of normal wear items? Other manufacturers make their dealers do that. Look at any Harley-Davidson dealer, they must carry thousands of dollars of accessories and parts to remain a dealer.

Old 06-13-2004, 03:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think I have an idea why it takes some dealers a long time to order small parts: I've been told several times by my dealer that Bombardier has a minimum order from dealers. Thus if all you want is one or a dozen oil filters this does not meet the minimum order. However in a dealer that is more busy with Bombardier products (Sea-Doos come into play here) they order all the time meeting the minimum order and have no problem adding in one or a dozen extra oil filters. I have a feeling the dealers who are lagging aren't ordering many parts so they HAVE to wait to order the parts. I would be willing to bet if you go to your dealer to order parts during 'sea doo season' (summer here) then you can get parts fast. However if you order during an off time it may take a while.

Does anyone know where I can order an entire case of DS650 oil filters so I can get some sort of price break? I don't like paying $8/each - if I can buy in bulk and get a price break I'll do it. (Oil filters have no shelf life and I -WILL- eventually use them....)

Old 06-13-2004, 04:18 PM
Pro Rider

Just Buy a stainless steel filter you never have to replace it just clean it and use it again and they even filter better than Paper.

Old 06-13-2004, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the exact reason I bought a Scotts stainless filter. When I want to change the oil I don't have to worry about having a filter or having to run down to the dealer to buy one. It will eventually pay for itself in the long run and claims to provide better filtration.

Old 06-13-2004, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

ya i HATE my local dealers.... i actually purchased my DS on ebay (crated from a dealership two states away) the two closest Bomb delaers are HORRIBLE beyond belief...total A-holes and take FOREVER to order parts (usually order the WRONG part anyway...)

i think im going to go with one of those scotts filters.... where is the cheapest place to get them? do you just clean them with gas?

Old 06-13-2004, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider

I got mine from http://www.americandirtbike.com/ clean mine with a spray can of carb cleaner

Old 06-14-2004, 08:02 PM
Range Rover

Ordered mine straight from Scott's. Clean with brake cleaner.

Old 06-14-2004, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider

I've had similar problems with a locall dealer, they weren't sure what filter went with what year? they were actually goofy enough to ask me wich one was the correct one. Seeing how I just read your post you must be on the internet, you must be on-line, so why not order it on-line?

Quick Reply: Anybody have trouble getting an oil filter?