CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Where is the coolest place youve ever ridden or best time?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 05:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is the coolest place youve ever ridden or best time?

Of the dunes I have ridden Dumont CA, Sant Mt NV, Coos Bay OR, and Pismo CA.

I would rank them in the order listed. Dumont is just too cool.

I wish I was closer to Oregon to ride it more.

Sand Mt is fun.

Pismo is fun for weekend trips but gets boring campared to big dunes

Old 06-28-2004, 06:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

-I ejoyed The First DS Days at Sand Mt. Was a great trip - not overall riding so much as meeting some great guys. I still haven't been anywhere with hills as long and steep as Sand Mt. but, I know they are out there.
-The First Four Stroke Wars I went to (#2). Again, great meeting all the guys - The riding was awesome
-Best ride of the year for me this year was a ride from Gordon's Well to Glamis - Up to Boardmanville where the food took forever to get cooked so, I drank too much beer and lost the rest of the group on the way out. . . then found them again at Olds. Then the Sand Hwy back to Gordon's. 4th and 5th gear on the 760. . . AWESOME!
-One of the first dune trips I took when I got the DS was to Pismo. Ended up riding with some guys I met out on the dunes and we would all run the fence-line and was always a race to see who could be in front. I enjoy riding the fence-line at Pismo but, it isn't normal dune riding.
-Dumont this Thanksgiving was fun. Unfortunately, I was getting over a cold still so, I wasn't at the top of my game but, I'll be back there again.
-Oregon - I'll tell you July 17th when I get back [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
-St. A's - Looks like this will be a Summer of '05 trip!
-Sand Mt. Utah - Summer '06???

Definitely blessed to have met some of the greatest friends on the forum and out on the dunes that I have today. . . and all in a very short period of time. Most of them aren't any more than 2-year ago friendships!

Old 06-29-2004, 01:45 AM
Air
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Hightower
Which Little Sahara - Oklahoma or Utah?I've been to both, and had a blast at both places. Very good riding, and very good company!Little Sahara Utah I think is my favorite so far - every place has its own kind of riding to be had, but Little Sahara Utah has a wider variety than any place I've ever ridden. Killer hillshooting on Sand Mountain, awesome bowl riding behind the mountain, great meandering and jumping at the White Sands, killer trails through both wooded areas and sage flats, and wonderful night riding!And those Utah natives sure do some killer Dutch Oven cooking man!
TY Hightower

Old 06-29-2004, 05:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

YW, from the heart!

Old 07-04-2004, 10:44 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'm a Jersey boy. I haven't had the chance to head out to cali to hit those dunes YET... As far as my fav spot to ride is a spot called Clayton. I love it there. The people that ride there are great company, the hills are insane and it's a hop skip and jump from my house. The only problem is, you always have to be on a constant look out for cops. I hate that drunk people have killed everything for jersey riders. There used to be so many places to ride hassle free until people get drunk and get killed. Now the property owners don't want to deal with the law suits. Thanks you ALKIES! If any one knows any sand spots around NY/NJ/PA let me know!

Old 07-04-2004, 10:50 AM
Elite Pro Rider

i get a thrill every time i ride dunes, i like the coast best i like to ride then head to the beach and watch the waves break. but anytimes the wind has blown the night before and the sand is smooth that is great.

Old 07-04-2004, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider

Love riding at silver lk.Its close enough to make a day trip.
The most fun I had was at a place called bull gap in Mio mi.
100s miles of trails and a big sand hill. Off to sides of the hill are a bunch
of tree shooting trail with soft sand to make it entertaining[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-05-2004, 04:12 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

Fourstrokewars2 Glamis, sitting on the top of Oldsmobile at night with a warm breeze in the middle of Winter, watching racing and fireworks and somebody airing out their sandcar 12' over the top of a bonfire. Put together every picture you have ever seen in Sand Sports Magazine and you have the sand toy capital of the world and the best time I've every had riding.
Florence Oregon is my spot, It's 2 hours away, has climbs, flats, the beach and there is always action on the Wall or Comp Hill. I've been going there for 24 years and I'm still finding new trails.
Christmas Valley, Oregon. Desert sand dunes smack in the middle of nowhere. On a big weekend you can go there and step back in time 25 years to see jeeps and 3wheelers, maybe a rail that could be the prototype for all rails since, but they are all having fun. During the week you may have the dunes all to yourselves, about 3 and 1/2 miles square. Come back to camp in the evening to see if your latest Dutch oven experiment turned out all right.

Old 07-05-2004, 07:08 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Glamis was a really neat place to see, might have been better if it weren't for a couple problems I had.
I have, without a doubt, had the most fun at the ATPT Nationals last year. I love the laid back have a drink and some grub, go bs with a bunch of cool people, then go stretch it out on the strip.