CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

would like opinion of ds owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 10:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default would like opinion of ds owners

Thanks for the input it does sound like the ds is the right quad for me. Does anyone know of bombardier's web site or dealers in eastern iowa. I checked on google but can only find some airline site.

Thanks

Old 07-15-2004, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

you must b getting the main bombardier site, you're looking for Bombardier ATV, bombs a big company so its an easy mistake

Old 07-16-2004, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider

If you ride in the forest alot, the wider DS could be a concern.

If you occasionally get squirrely on the jumps the DS seat and suspension are a savior. They'll tend to stop a stitches or a good nut crusher well before it happens. I've personally handed a cool water bottle and offered condolences to some of the yamaha guys who weren't as fortunate after a squirrely jump, my son and his cohort included.

jbt

Old 07-17-2004, 11:25 AM
Pro Rider

I had a predator previously, as I was re-introducing myself to riding after years of not owning a bike. I liked the predator alot, but soon opted for a DS Baja X. I ride it in all types of terrain, even MX and woods. I mostly do sand riding, where the DS reigns as king. I have ridden Raptors, V-vorce and just about every quad out there. I always look forward to getting back on my DS. I am very pleased.

Good luck with whatever you choose.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Bombardier Website Click here

Old 07-17-2004, 04:13 PM
Pro Rider

I went riding with a bunch of my friends last week. There was every quad imaginable. I let them all ride my DS. They all said the same thing-"Wow! That is comfortable!" They say other things I cannot repeat when talking of the overall power and handling.
I sat on their's and thought I was sitting on 2x4's.
They run great and are easy to work on. They are heavy duty machines. When you jump you can really feel trhe weight. Not very nimble through the woods. However, I have never been passed because it couldn't hold the lead. I had to be reasonable with the throttle because I value my life!

Old 07-17-2004, 04:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think JDub260 has a prize winning quote here:

"So for my money the DS is the quad for a larger rider...well any rider that wants comfort and performance."

Bombardier should buy that quote from him.

Old 07-18-2004, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: blowpopracer
Thanks for the input it does sound like the ds is the right quad for me. Does anyone know of bombardier's web site or dealers in eastern iowa. I checked on google but can only find some airline site.

Thanks

If you'll notice below, I own a DS and a Raptor and I pretty much just ride the DS. I'm done trying t hop it up though...costs too much. If you want a drag bike get another banshee. A friend of mine tells me that you can build a 90 HP Banshee for 2000 in parts. You can't touch that with a DS.

The DS is a great bike to ride..just expensive to make it real fast.

Old 07-18-2004, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

400CatDriver,
My DS must be just like the DS in your signature, ... "it ain't fast, but its loud", LOL. My son (age 14) and I went and did some desert riding today on our ATVs. We drag raced on a flat wide paved road in the middle of BFE, and we were dead even in first gear (meaning we both got a good start), then he pulls me in second, and really pulls me bad in third gear, until he is about 50 feet ahead of me. In fourth gear we stay even again, and then in fifth gear I start reeling him in, and pass him right about the time he tops out at 70 something. My DS tops out at 83 on pavement.

The DS is the most comfortable to ride ATV I have owned, and the best handling at high speed. After a day riding in the desert I found that I could run away from the YFZ on fast two track roads, and in fast sand washes, where we were in fourth and fifth gear much of the time (my son is a better rider than I am by the way). But when we got into the trails in the cedar trees the YFZ would start reeling me in, and when we got to the very tight rough trails through tall sage brush, my son was all over the back of me, wanting to get past. It was a great day riding, and I would not trade the DS for any other sport quad. It is so balanced and so good handling in the desert that it kept a grin on my face all day long.

Old 07-18-2004, 02:18 AM
Range Rover

Im 6'2 290lbs and I had a Raptor for four mouth And did not like the following: 3.5in clearence under the swing arm.front shocks stink, the clutch was to lite for hill climbing, and it would tipe over very EZ. other than that they are fast. I just sold my 2001DS to a friend and just bought a shorter and narrower BAJA X love it.....

Old 07-19-2004, 11:37 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks BlackHawk, you let Bombardier know about it and I'll start working on a price[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: would like opinion of ds owners