CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Where have the raptors gone?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 02:15 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where have the raptors gone?

Mine has been hibernating in the garage for months now.

I see quite a few raptors while out riding usually.

Old 07-15-2004, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

I am still waiting for a DS650 to show up in Kisatchie National Forest.

I see raptors everywhere...also 400ex's...lot of atv's I don't see many of tho.

guess it all depends on where you ride[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-15-2004, 03:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Must be, I have been saddend by the lack of raptors where I ride. Lots of yfz450's. There just not as cool as them raptors. It always sounds better to have lost to or have won against a 660, than a 450. eh?

Old 07-15-2004, 05:19 PM
Trailblazer

Viper, it's good to see ya made it home from St. An's. We decided sunday afternoon to just stay another night and came home monday afternoon. That whole weekend I did not see that many Rappy's, there was one in our group but it did'nt make for much competition. There does seem to be a rise in the # of DS's you see in the dunes.
Thanks again for talking to me and giving your input. After seeing you ride my Baja, all I can do is think about how to loose 30 to 40 pounds. The forums have been a great tool for me. My Baja is running the best it ever has right now and I owe it to the great people of the forums. Thanks everybody. I'm learning something new everyweek.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-15-2004, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TheWeedman
them DS's look funny to me. i mean look at the front fenders, lmao there like an inch from the tire
hmmm thats wierd, i'm running 2" taller tire so thers ur inch there and i still have room in my front fenders [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
them blasters, wen i first saw a new one i thought o that must b the new raptor 80 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-15-2004, 07:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Im out number 20-1 at The Dunes in Louisiana, but Im holding my own!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-15-2004, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider

hmmm thats wierd, i'm running 2" taller tire so thers ur inch there and i still have room in my front fenders [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
them blasters, wen i first saw a new one i thought o that must b the new raptor 80 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][/quote]

ur rich, im 16, i bought what i could afford

Old 07-15-2004, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TheWeedman
them blasters, wen i first saw a new one i thought o that must b the new raptor 80 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
ur rich, im 16, i bought what i could afford[/quote]

there just playing with you weedman. I will be nice to you since I used to live in ypsi.

Old 07-15-2004, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider

thanks. i want to move out of ypsi

Old 07-15-2004, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

There are more DS's because people are seeing it with their own eyes & not believing the mags. When you see DS after DS do their thing it opens eyes. As far as the lack of Raptors....
#1, Dirtwheels said the 450 was cool so "me too" guys went & bought the latest "me too" quad.
#2, The rest are with the Yugos, Mavericks, Vega's, K-cars in the junkyard. We know Yamaha's reputation....

Loved beating those Raptors though. They look menacing & have "aura". The new 450 has no personality.

Quick Reply: Where have the raptors gone?