CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

What type of LOCTITE ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What type of LOCTITE ?

Since I got my motor back, I have had my flywheel off and my clutch basket [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] All I had was blue loctite. Before I run this motor anymore, what is the correct loclite to use so I can rip this thing apart again and use the correct stuff..Unless I will be OK with Blue.

Old 07-18-2004, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blue is all i use

Old 07-18-2004, 02:18 AM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Purple, easy to remove, Blue,holds good,a little harder,but great for holding things together.Red can be a bear, but the Green stuff is almost permanent, unless you heat it with a torch first to loosen it.

Old 07-18-2004, 02:21 AM
Quad Patrol

I use red and blue. Never seen the green loctite. But, if I do, I'll make sure I stay away from it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-18-2004, 02:48 AM
Elite Pro Rider

The green is pretty cool because it is a low viscosity threadlocking liquid that wicks along the threads of pre-assembled fasteners to secure them in place. It can even be used to fill hair line cracks. You have to heat that stuff up though to get it off.

Old 07-18-2004, 02:56 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BigBadScrambler

It can even be used to fill hair line cracks. You have to heat that stuff up though to get it off.
BBS, thanks for that extra tidbit. Also, who's that in your author icon[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Bet you don't use a ribbed?

Old 07-18-2004, 02:59 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver

BBS, thanks for that extra tidbit. Also, who's that in your author icon[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Bet you don't use a ribbed?
Why that there is Cactus Jack!!! HA![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-18-2004, 03:06 AM
Quad Patrol

Aaahhhhh, Cactus Jack, what was I thinking[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL

Old 07-18-2004, 03:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

I dont know the exact # of the type of loctite, But I think there is a certain type that is a different density, Kinda like BigBadscrambler was describing... ThePunisher or someone should know exacly what kind of stuff to SAFELY use for Flywheel bolt and other side...

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Unfortunately someone put your starter gear on backwards!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 07-18-2004, 04:04 AM
Pro Rider

111200 purple loctite= removable screw grade 1/4" and smaller.
121200 blue loctite= removable nut grade medium strength 1/4" and larger. both of these are removable with hand tools.
131600 red loctite= permanent studgrade heat to remove. there are more reds that are heat resistant and a big pain in the ars. I use blue on a daily basis at my job. but have never used it in a engine due to heat and vibration. I use it on heavy suspension. and it works great.I am not saying it will not work. I have not seen it fail. but,I probably would have used red 131600.

Quick Reply: What type of LOCTITE ?