CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

EFI vs. Lectron

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 02:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EFI vs. Lectron

Anyone have any imput on the efi without turbo vs. the lectron carb or other carb set ups. Any problems once dialed in with idle or low rpm. If no turbo is added is it still a good set up???? Hopefully the EFI has been out long enough to get some good imput. ANY BUGS?????

Old 07-29-2004, 02:31 PM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......
Default EFI vs. Lectron

where do get efi and how much?

Old 07-29-2004, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default EFI vs. Lectron

KMS makes the EFI setup, you can get it with or without the turbo. I believe the EFI kit is around $1500. The review I have read all sound promising.

Old 07-29-2004, 05:27 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default EFI vs. Lectron

I was also planning on going with the 46HV but the EFI is tempting. Full lectron setup will run about $900 from MrHP. I thought someone said EFI was currently $1300 and that KMS is looking at getting it down to $1000 if they can get some of the parts manufactured locally. Personally I would wait a while on the EFI as there are only a handful running it. I would love to see a back to back dyno shootout between the two on a stock DS with just an exhaust. My guess is that they would be pretty close but the benefit of the EFI would be no tuning and possibly a more linear power delivery from top to bottom.

Old 07-29-2004, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default EFI vs. Lectron

Your price of $900 must include the ported intake manifold. Last I checked the 46HV was $550 and the billet thumb throttle with cable is another $150. The efi system would still benefit from a ported intake manifold, MisterHP does it for $150, and RWR $175, or port it yourself for Free!

Performance wise, if the carb is jetted spot on, and the efi has the correct map, then they should be pretty darn close in theory. The problem is not all of us have the ability to do jetting changes to keep up with the ever so changing atmospheric conditions such as temperature, humidity, and elevation. An efi system should be able to do these changes automatically.

Other advantages of EFI would be no choke for cold starting. Effortless thumb throttle pressure because all you are moving is the butterfly valve in the throttle body, no sticking slides. To switch fuels from gas to alky you could just hook up your pda and switch maps, not jets to swap out etc.

Disadvantage of EFI, more electrical equipment to fail! More parts such as fuel pumps, injectors, etc. Once a carb is properly tune, not much to go wrong with it. I would not know where to start on trouble shooting an EFI problem. Dead battery, would never be able to pull start an efi system.

Old 07-29-2004, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default EFI vs. Lectron

Yes I was figuring with ported intake, billet thumb throttle, any miscelaneous items, and shipping would probably be around $900.

Old 07-29-2004, 07:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default EFI vs. Lectron

see MY Page for pic of AZSANDS efi from KMS.
He runs it with no turbo, several do.

Old 07-29-2004, 07:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Default EFI vs. Lectron

The lieniear power is the biggest differance But picture this in five minutes you can go from gas to alcahol to what ever fuel is your choice just by plugging in a palm pilot and changing fuel mapping.And the tunning is spot on every time thats the beauty of it!!!!

Old 07-29-2004, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default EFI vs. Lectron

AZ,
What carb were you running prior to EFI?

Old 07-29-2004, 08:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Default EFI vs. Lectron

Lectrons'tm45'fcr's singles and duals i think ive tried them all[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: EFI vs. Lectron