CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

paranoid temp monitor wants a guage. egt/coolant?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 01:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default paranoid temp monitor wants a guage. egt/coolant?

oo, so the mech. ones actually have the water/coolant running THROUGH another line up to the gauge?
No they don't. They have a fluid in the tubing. You can not cut this tube. If it is too long you must wrap it in a loop and tuck it away. You will be able to wrap this thing around your quad a few times at this length!!!! I like elect. guages, but to each his own.

the electronic ones just have a probe/insert for the coolant line, then use a wire to the gauge? (i assume you have to run a wire to the battery for power?)
Yes and yes.

do you know if its pretty common for the gauges to come with the needed probe/sensor deal that would plug into the coolant line/therm housing?
Usually yes they do.

Old 08-06-2004, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider

gauge 2 is jsut like mine, wiring wise, you have 5 wires, for the small backlight there is a pos n neg, then theres a ground, pos. and sensor, obviously the sensor stud has a wire going down to the sensor, i put both my grounds to gether and ran a wire to a bolt for the oil tank and gas tank mount, the pos for the gauge i wired to my key switch, so wen my key turns on so do all my gauges, the pos for the backlight can be wired however you'd like, i have mine setup so wen i turn on the headlight so does the backlight, but you can do it the easy way and wire it with the pos to the keyswitch
as far as getting the tee, i'm not really sure, hell maybe even home depot might have it, its just brass, and yes i'm pretty sure it just threaded right in,
my bro should be getting a new ds soon, so if your not in a huge rush, wen we put one on his i'll get a good explanation for ya

Old 08-06-2004, 01:34 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Simplicity

the gauge screws into the hose barb body, so its replacable if you break it in a really bad wreck without having to buy the whole thing
the gauge is glycol filled to absorb vibes and make the needle last, it works, mine is nearly 3 years old I think

Old 08-06-2004, 09:34 PM
Range Rover

what size is the threads for the fan switch on the thermostat housing?