CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS Ported Intake, did it my self - Results AAA++.

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 10:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS Ported Intake, did it my self - Results AAA++.

I am not trying to be heavy handed and if I do come across like that I apologise. I intentionally did not post my history in a previous post, because I don't believe it has anything to do with some of the discussion we are having. If you like to tinker with your quad, then don't sit around here and just take everything people say for granted. A guy claiming to have “X” experience don’t make him right. He might be wrong. Don’t follow advice blindly. Find out why something works and then decide if you are going to use it. You should take what was said and go check it against other people’s experience. The web is full of it technical info, and if you just look around, you can find a wealth of info. In this post I am not trying to slam BajaXRider04 for the work he has done. Some people on here decided I was up to "no good" again and started the ball rolling...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I personally do not mind sharing ideas and some of the things I know. What I hate though is some people making claims and taking me on, without the proof or experience and trying to tell me I have the wrong end of the stick. If you have the facts, then by all means point out my mistakes.

Like you say, lots of people, including myself, scan these topics for hints on how to improve the performance of their quads. If one do post info on here, then it should be correct.

BajaXRider04, again, not saying what you have done is incorrect, but any chance of someone trying the modified intake, without grinding the lip down to see what power increase it produce? Is it more or less, than a modified intake with the lip grinded down. I don't believe there will be a power difference between the two. If that’s correct, then it’s less grinding and more riding time for the rest of us.

I will try and add the modified intake to the list of goodies I need to test on the dyno, when the DS is doing its runs.

I also have some new tricks on modifying the stock DS carb. Once the testing is done, and it works I will report back. The DS with the modified carb seem to be running real well, but the dyno will tell if the mods worked and produce the numbers.

Old 08-17-2004, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

???????? Im going to go out on a limb here and cry BULLSHI% ???????????

If Im wrong, Im sorry, but you forgot to mention you invented the internet my friend.

Gary

Old 08-17-2004, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider

What quad magazine do ya work for in South Africa. I think you are crazy to have access to all those aftermarket parts and not have any on your quad. It might be fun to beat someone when on a stock bike basically, but when the parts are free or near free I would have every mod that I saw give good numbers on either of the two dyno's you have access to.

Old 08-17-2004, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider

Just curios are they his parts?If not then they are not his to personally use.
Playing devils advocate here

Old 08-18-2004, 03:17 AM
Pro Rider

Here is a link to the mag I write articles for.

QUADSA

The web site is only about a month old now, so there is very little info on there. The mag has been going for about a year or more. This month we will be doing the testing on the raptor and DS. Then it will be posted in the mag and a while later, we will post the technical articles on the web site.

The parts I test I have to give back unfortunately. So I test them and off the come again.

DStroyer, do you find it difficult to believe that I actually do this for a living.

My dare still stands. Prove me wrong, ask a very technical question and let’s see. For those interested, e-mail me at webchill@hotmail.com and I will forward my last article to you. It is an introduction the quad carburettors. I made this article to help people understand the basics.

Old 08-18-2004, 04:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

I think freez is legit. Hes had some good stuff.

Old 08-18-2004, 06:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

Freez i like the way you think the fact that someone can spend time to modify a machine their way, doing it themselves, if self gratifing. I know that i am very pleased with the little work that i have done to my own DS. so if you would please i would like to keep in contact to see your findings on the DS. just let me know and i will give my email address

Old 08-18-2004, 09:16 AM
Pro Rider

I will post the results once we tested the DS. If all goes well and I can get all the parts, we might be doing the runs next weekend.

Some of the stuff I want to try and test on the DS.

1. Stock bike to get a baseline HP figure. Maybe a couple of them, depending on how many we get in for dyno day.
2. What HP difference is there by changing the intake pipes on the airbox. Most of the guys here are running much larger diameter pipes feeding the airbox
3. HP difference between foam and K&N air cleaners.
4. Dynojet jet kit
5. Lid and no lid airbox setup HP difference.
6. Clipping the slider spring to see HP increase.
7. Special slider mod (I will keep this under raps for now)
8. Special stock carb mod (another one I will keep under raps for now)
9. Yoshi, FMF and Pro Circuit slip-on exhausts. Maybe a local slip-on or two.
9. Ron Woods and CT racing full exhaust system.
10. Vortex CDI
11. Gasflowed intake.

We will not be testing any cams, pistons and other internal mods at this stage.

Old 08-18-2004, 04:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
I think freez is legit. Hes had some good stuff.
I do too. I'm not saying that I agree with everything he says, but I have NO way to prove him wrong, but he is truely legit.
I have also seen, on another forum, results in the form of Dyno charts of test that he has done on the Raptor.

Freeze, maybe you should try and get a moddified end cap for the DS to go along with the other 3 pipes you have. Thats what I see most people talking about.

Old 08-19-2004, 03:08 AM
Pro Rider

I would love to test the MisterHP end cap, but getting one here in South Africa is not that easy. Like I also said, I do not get paid for doing this, so for me to purchase one is not that easy. What do I do with it, after I have tested the part.

If someone is willing to loan me one, I would test it no problem. I promise to test it and send it back.

Even better. If someone know of someone importing the MisterHP end caps to South Africa, I will get a hold of him and test the part. Maybe they can loan me one and if the testing goes well, you will have free advertising in the mag about the product.

I don't mind people agreeing or not agreeing with me. I am not the oracle, so if I have the wrong end of the stick, then by all means correct me. How else do I learn the truth.

Quick Reply: DS Ported Intake, did it my self - Results AAA++.