CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Boondockers nitrous for DS

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boondockers nitrous for DS

thebigshow what dual carbs did you go with?

Old 09-09-2004, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

keihin 39's

Old 09-09-2004, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider

Well we will see how the system runs with the 44 mm lectron as I am pretty sure that i will be installing the system on my DS soon with the help of 650viper.

I do run the 11.5 woods piston and 110 109 web cams with some head work so will I have to run some race gas with the NO2 right?

Old 09-09-2004, 02:57 PM
Range Rover
when your holding the football - people will throw evrything they can at you to strip it away .... including the waterboy at the end of the bench.

Boondockers installation manual as it sits in front of me makes no such note about enrichening the carburator.
As I sit here and read these different posts, it comes apparent to me that somebody is giving different information to each of us.
Not quite sure what the difference is between your manual and mine, but it reads Quote-->

If your carb(s) were originally vented to atmosphere instead of airbox/airfilter, the main jet size MAY need to be increased. When a large volume of air flows through the airbox/airfilter, a negative pressure may develop inside depending on how restrictive the airbox/airfilter is. This negative pressure can cause the engine to run too lean unless the main jet size is increased. (this is what I was refering to in my earlier post) Make sure the carb jetting is correct before proceeding with the tuning instructions.
1.) With the nitrous manifold installed, run the ATV and note performance.
2.) Temporarily disconnect the vent lines from the manifold so the carb(s) are vented back to the atmosphere.
3.) Run the ATV again and note if perfomance improves.
4.) If performance HAS improved, you will need to increase the main jet size. Replace the main jets with a larger size, reconnect the vent line to the nitrous manifold and retest. Continue increasing the main jet size until performance is the SAME as when the vent was disconnected from the nitrous manifold.

Once I performed this step...I found that perfomance was JUST as good with the vent tubes hooked to the manifold as when the jets were a little leaner and NOT hooked to the manifold. All you are doing is compensating for the negative pressure variance created by not having the vents..vented to the atmosphere...thats all.

Old 09-09-2004, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE WITH THE POST THAT SAYS THE WET SYSTEMS HAVE A LOT OF VARIABLES! In my opinion, too many variables. Yes the Docker system is FAR better in that area. MUCH simpler to install and WAY safer in the long run. I DO like the Docker system, however I was able to build my wet system for about $250. That said, the Docker system will be WAY cheaper If I grenade my Rotax with a bad pump! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

The only real safety that we have is the dreaded Hobbs pressure switch. THEY SUCK! But probably a neccessary evil. MAN I hate those things.

Also, Viper's bike sounds real nice........ BoonDocker is probably the best option out there for most, unless you have some parts lying around.

I must say that I wasn't aware that the systems could go to 60HP? That's AWSOME. In fact, I'm not sure the simple wet system with a standard pump would produce 60HP. You might have to move up to a Holley Blue pump or equiv. That makes things even more expensive.

Viper, what is in the motor. All stock? not looking for secrets just for info. What size shot are you running?

Sounds like your sled is something to be reckoned with. NICE

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-09-2004, 04:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

So, Are you guys telling me that the boondockers system is bullet proof?
Nothing can fail on the boondockers?

Old 09-09-2004, 04:48 PM
amd
Pro Rider

The boondockers kit is less hassle to deal with. Only one selonoid, no fuel pumps bla bla bla, but I guarantee that it comes no where close to hitting as hard as a fogger does. If you really wanted to get crazy the powershot selonoids will flow up to 150 horse. I dont think anybody is going to try that, yet anyway[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. I am glad to see that somebody has put som R&D into some nitrous systems. Boondockers has put alot of time into getting there nozzle just right, to where as everybody elses' kits like NOS, NX, they are all just parts from their normal kits. They dont put any R&D into those anymore. That is way nobody should pay more then 400 dollars for a fogger system with only one nozzle. I piece all my kits together because I have alot of n20 componets laying around the garage. This kit I put on my bike cost me nothing. I have been a n20 fanatic for many years and have always loved n20, have I blown anything up on it, sure I have but that was me trying to push the motor to its limits. At one time if I could get one good pass out of my motors (this is in my cars) I was happy because I would run 350 plus to a pretty much stock bottom end. All I wanted to do was go fast for one pass, lol. I have since backed off a little and try and keep it conservitive.

650viper I am glad you like the boondockers and it sounds like it runs hard on it, But I think I will stick with my old technology for now.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Mario is is hard to say how reliable the kit will be. The selonoids havent been out long enough to tell. I am sure that boondockers put some good R&D into those as well. But bulletproof...nothing is bulletproof..you just need to maintain the selonoids and they all will be good to you. The only selonoids I have ever had a problem with was Nitrous works, and it was on there small selonoids. Never had a problem with there bigger ones.

Oh and thanks BigDaddy for the kind words. The Bomb guys are the best guys around PERIOD....

BTW My wife sent your button out Today. Let me know when you get it....

Old 09-09-2004, 04:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Thanks Amd, I think I have a 220 hp nos selonoid, Bigdaddy can chime in, If so, Should I jet the nos jet different due to the different hp flow of selonoid? Thanks. I am headed to the dyno tomorrow to get dialed in for the season, and I dont want to get my Nutz blown into pahrump.lol

Old 09-09-2004, 05:00 PM
amd
Pro Rider

When I tested The NOS Big shot selonoid and the Wilson Selonoid. I had to play with both the n20 and the fuel due to the n20 selonoid flowing and hitting so much harder, So yes more then likely you will have to compensate for it. I would start off rich and go from there, it will be something you will have to put some time into to get it how YOU want it. Good luck and tell us how it goes.

Old 09-09-2004, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider

As far as jetting the NX solenoid goes, the solenoids change from size and strength. Obviously there are MANY companies selling the little gizmoes, but there are only a couple of companies making them for everyone.

Yes Mario, you have the Powershot Solenoids, and they're rated to about 220hp in the kits - but remember, those numbers are usually based on an 8 cylinder motor. That's where things get a little confusing. Fogger systems are different than plate systems not to mention dry systems. Thus the solenoid that you have should safely run a 40hp shot - speaking roughly of course, more than that, you'll probably have to change to a bigger device. It also has a great deal to do with your pump as well. A pump that can achieve a higher head pressure with similar flow will result in more HP.

In my humble opinion, the most critical piece of jetting should be done at the carb. Let me explain. If you are running supper rich all the time, and it doesn't really change from race to race, your NX jetting will will be different than someone else running their carb more lean.

For example, my carb is set to run with a HINT of color on the ceramic, you runs yours VERY rich. Your NX jetting would be closer to the fuel jetting as you are already introducing more fuel. Only you will be able to decide (through testing) where you will like to run.

AMD, as always..... thanks. The switch will come in very handy.

Quick Reply: Boondockers nitrous for DS