CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Boondockers nitrous for DS

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 11:58 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boondockers nitrous for DS

i got a good 3 1/2 out of my bottle but man those were fun runs. i did find some interesting pressure guages at a local hobby store they were 15 dollars and worked fine. they had some small pressure line that i'll look into to run one to the dash soon.

Old 09-10-2004, 12:48 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Viper,
I see two hoses running into your filter. I'm assuming the black hose is the nitrous. WHat is the clear hose for?

Old 09-10-2004, 07:19 PM
Range Rover
when your holding the football - people will throw evrything they can at you to strip it away .... including the waterboy at the end of the bench.

Looks good man....

DSengineer.....correct, the black hose is the nitrous line coming from the solenoid to the manifold. Once the manifold does it`s magic, it redirects the appropriate amount of pressure through that clear hose which is attached to the carb(s) vent tube(s).

Old 09-10-2004, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for clarifying Force. I really like the simplicity of the BD setup.

I have one other concern about Viper's bottle placement. Most N20 bottles that I have seen have a siphon pickup hose that runs to the bottom of the tank. I would think that placing the bottle upside down as Viper has would result in poor N20 pickup. Maybe he has removed the siphon pickup from inside the bottle?

Old 09-10-2004, 09:38 PM
Range Rover
when your holding the football - people will throw evrything they can at you to strip it away .... including the waterboy at the end of the bench.

I would say that he has. Personally, I run mine the same way. Just opened the bottle and unscrewed the tube. Might not make any difference, but I prefer removing any variables that I can to insure proper N2o delivery. Seems to me like with an inverted bottle and the removal of the siphon tube, would insure constant feeding at all times.

Old 09-11-2004, 05:08 AM
Pro Rider

i dont have a ds but thanks guys. Im sold on the boondockers kit. Im gonna order mine tomorrow. Hope to see you at ds days next year.

Old 09-11-2004, 04:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dsengineer, you are correct, you would need to remove the shipone tube to get my setup correct. My bottle was a gravity feed bottle to begin with and did not need to be removed. Both options give you the ability to place the bottle in any direction. The best placement for my setup would be for the bottle valve to be reversed facing rearward, allowing the momentom to keep the liquid pressed against the valve. Only when the bottle is very low, or on extremely steep hills do I get much surging from the nitrous sloshing.

Old 09-13-2004, 01:24 PM
Pro Rider

Well we got my system set up this weekend and ran in down at little saraha on sunday. I am very pleased with the simple install and the power gain. I think that i will need a little more seat time to get the full power out of the system but is sure is a lot of fun to pull the face in the top of third and the saddle in forth.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Viper isn't kidding when he said that is a long pull and run out of go juice real quick playing on that hill. I think that vipers bike is still a bit faster on the bottle as he is running the 5 hole nozzle and has a bit more seat time with the kit. I also think that the 46 mm lectron helps while on the nos also.

I would like to give a big thanks to Jed (650viper) for helping me install the kit and getting it tuned in on the hill. I have a case of cold BUD at the house for you that I will bring up this week sometime.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]