CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Any DS-Days Updates?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any DS-Days Updates?

I know there were 30+, probably closer to 40. It was awesome to see DS's everywhere you looked around the camps and out riding.

Sean

Old 09-08-2004, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, to all Gents and Ladies, thanks for the hospitality. Our group enjoyed the trip. Thanks goes out to Justin (crackerjack), you gave us something to brag about for years to come. How many times in a normal life can you watch someone tear down and install a turbo in the back of your trailer at ten oclock at night? Wish I could have seen that run. It was great to see that many ds's in one place, to see whats working for people and whats not. Sandman, I enjoyed riding with you and your boy, and have next year at ST anns scheduled already. The apple pie was great, glad I didnt get to involved in that though. eh Demon? Our trip into bendover on the way home was short and sweet, everyroom in town was sold out, well except for them that leave crusty sheets on the beds. So we left just after midnight with our one sober driver, a half tank of gas, and made it 6 miles to Tooele. OUT OF FUEL! Soooo, a call into onstar, thought I would never use that thing, and an hour and a half later, we were back on the road. Crawled into bed at 5:15 monday morning, good times. I will see you all next year, and hopefully a few before. Jed Oh and to all you Utah boys, the route through Austin into Battlemountain is much faster. We made it to Wendover in just under five hours. If we would have gone home the same way, should have made it in about six and a half to seven, oh unless you run out of gas!

Old 09-09-2004, 10:44 AM
Pro Rider

We were thinking about taking that route on the way home. I guess we will have to try it next year. ST anthonys will be on my list of trips for next year for sure when you guys go up.

Jed,
Sled season is almost here and we will have hook up and go throw some powder around. I sure hope it is a good season.

Old 09-09-2004, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider

See, told you guys we should have went that way. Never listen to Demon do ya LOL.

Jed it was sure a pleasure to meet you and your crew. Your a bunch of stand up guys. Sorry to hear about running out of fuel. We weren't far from it ourselfs. Major and I didnt quite calculate right I dont think and DSa was snooring in the back seat. If it wasnt for Delle I dont know if we would have made it to Toole or not. We did talk about going into the trailer and draining the tanks on the 2 DS's that run reg gas though so we might have been OK. This winter we'll all get together, I'll bring down the Thundercat and tear it up for a weekend or something.

Old 09-09-2004, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He!! yes to the sleding. If you boys get an early itch, you can come run them in the drags, kind of keeps you at bay for a little while. Ya the fuel thing sucked, I dont think Brandt even lookied at the gauge until the little yellow light came on, cant blame him it was darn near two in the morn. Of all the things that stand out from the trip, isnt it funny how a simple little drink tops the list. I think I'll make some and give a few unexpecting friend a little taste.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You know Capewindy had that all planned out.

Old 09-09-2004, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider

I have been thinking the same thing about that EVIL drink. I think I will whip up a batch and feed it to some of my unsuspecting buddies. That should be a site to see. LOL

Old 09-09-2004, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

I cant wait for sledding. I would rather be rippin up the fresh powder then ripping up the dunes. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-11-2004, 04:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
Mark, What the heck happened to your ds????
Finally cool enough out in the garage to do some work.

Pulled the head earlier tonight and the left exhaust valve seems sticky. I'll need Preacher to pull the valve springs but, as I look through the holes where the valve springs are, the left one doesn't look right. Seems like some of the spring coils are missing. Hate to say it but, I hope this is it.

Old 09-11-2004, 09:41 AM
Pro Rider

have you pulled the magnito cover yet?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 09-11-2004, 04:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Pulled it this morning. . .

Cranks gone! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Any DS-Days Updates?