CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Any DS-Days Updates?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 10:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any DS-Days Updates?

(I couldnt make it but Im wondering how it went)

Last I heard Saturday, 3 bikes blew up and Jeff was still holding his own.

I heard Another Busa was there and was in its own league, Very fast.

I heard it got very cold at night.

Any prdictions? Will jeff Hold OWNERSHIP of that hill on the single cyl. 4 Stokes?

Old 09-05-2004, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

I just got home a few minutes ago. I would have to say jeff is still king but its closer than the last few years. A couple of the turbo bikes blew up but the stock turbo DS ran well for just a turbo. There was going to be some more head to head racing today so we will see what others have to say. The BusaDS was very impressive, i want one. Had a great time and there was a huge showing, probably 30+ DS's but we didnt get a group picture. Next year we will do the group picture on saturday morning instead of trying to get people together on sunday morning. More later.

Sean

Old 09-05-2004, 11:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Weather was perfect! A little cool at night (had to put a sweat-shirt on.) May as well have been a Chicago winter for the AZ guys [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Majorecho was the first out then the TVI turbo. Rodney then had his 400EX go (AZSand's old bike).
I was the next to make an exit.
King then had a head gasket go.

TVI was able to get their Turbo going again.

I ended up leaving yesterday early evening since I was without a ride.

Went to the hill Saturday to say goodbye to a few people and I guess Rodney had been bucked off Hargrove's 400EX but, it was running the hill strong.

The Busa was sick fast. Only ever saw a kid riding it but, I'm sure it had the ponies to pull a bigger rider.

Jeff took DemonDS, Majorecho and I on a rail ride. . . AWESOME. Jeff is getting better at driving that thing. When Curtis was getting out he was asking Jeff what it would take to get into one of them.

I dreweled over a Tom Pro Design Turbo Busa with two-stage EFI that a guy from Oregon brought down. Demon got a ride in it. Bastard!!! I've been wanting to ride in one of those since I met Tom at Buttercup last December. Something like 470HP in a less than 1000# frame. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] + long travel! That thing was sick!

Was awesome to see everyone again. I don't expect DS Days will be big every year but, if we can do it like this every other year that would be awesome.

Demon, DSaholic and Majorecho were probably the first to show and was awesome to get to spend some time with those guys.
Marky spent some time in our camp enjoying some cocktails with some of my buddies. Don't think I had seen him since 4SW's II
AZSand, KMDuner and Rodney - those guys crack me up and are genuine fun to hang with. Can't wait 'til their rails are done. . . I'll be looking at the shotgun spot in one of their new rides.
CrackerJack - Good to meet you - let me know how the turbo went.
Jetsnow - good to see you and Mike again.

Probably more guys I didn't get to spend some time with but, was good to meet them anyways.
Blackhawk, 650Viper (that bike's a runner!) JMAC (can't remember running into you?), etc.

There was a guy with a proto-type HP 730. Looked to be a runner.

Anxious to hear what happened after I left Saturday.

Wish you could have made it Mario. Would have been fun to hang with you again.

Old 09-05-2004, 11:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanx for the details fellas, Wish I could have made it!!!

I will be up in the near future to do some raceing and chillin.

Sounds like alot of bikes blew up.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 09-05-2004, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider

I dont have a DS but I was out there ... did I race any of you guys? I have a orange YFZ470 with a "Off Roaders for Bush" bumper sticker on the side.

There were a lot of fast DS's around.

Old 09-06-2004, 12:51 AM
MTX
Pro Rider

Any body got pics?

Old 09-06-2004, 02:01 AM
Pro Rider

I didnt get any pics. Last night was a great night. Capewindy made this moonshine or he called it apple pie that was killer. 3 of the guys got so plastered it was funny to watch them do stupid stuff. It was a great time to see all the old faces and meet a lot of new people.

Sean

Old 09-06-2004, 10:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like a lot of fun, sorry to hear about all the break downs.

Old 09-06-2004, 03:12 PM
Elite Pro Rider

well jeff is still king, guess we all figured on that. the tvi turbo was next in line. that hill was tuff on the turbo jetting guess next year there turn will be here. the nitrous bikes ran great, none of them went down , but the money in my wallet sure did from refills. three runs then on the 4th only half the hill was good untill it faded. i did race the orange 450, what fuel were you running? i think yours was the closest 450 to my ds.

Old 09-06-2004, 05:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Bill, How did she run, what up.... Was the nos fine tuned?

I heard bad483s bike was a screamer... How did the HPR 730 run, was it capewindy?
Any videos...?

Could any Ds keep up w/ bad483 besides jeff, and you sandman. I need some details...LOL

Can you imagine what I was thinking about all weekend?? MAN!! Talk about torture knowing you all were up there chillin.. Just as well, I may have blew my bike up this weekend, I accidentaly Filled the gas tank up with heavily spiked race fuel, And was planning on spraying thinking I was on straight 114 gas. My nutz would have been in Fallon along with motor pieces..

Quick Reply: Any DS-Days Updates?