CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

trail cams/piston run

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trail cams/piston run

went out to dumont this morning with another bomb rider for some test and tune and a little trail riding. We had mirror image mods until I jumped to a HPR trail cams and 11:1 piston. Bottom line is the cam/piston mod showed as much improvement across the power band as when we went to the Lectrons.

It took two trips to get the jetting right, but my bike scored 4-5 bike lengths against a Lectron only bomb. If I had the power-jets in hand, I could have done it in one.

On the way home we both agreed the Vortex's were the least impressive for the amount spent, and Russ is trying to figure out how bad he wants the extra power....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Oh, I ran over two of those darn burros outside of Vegas and wrecked my '03 Dodge pretty good. It was still water tight, so we pressed to dumont anyways. Two burro fatalities and we were pretty amped, but weren't hurt. Managled the hood, grill, driver front quarter panel, driver door, and smashed the bed in front of and behind the rear tire. burro dung everywhere. freaky....dang glad I wasn't towing the toy hauler.....

jbt

Old 09-11-2004, 10:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Sounds like a good gain. Youll notice you can pull a little here and a lttle there out of them carbs.

How were the conditions at Dumont? Was the sand moist? How hot was it?

Old 09-12-2004, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

dumont was seriously sharp on the razors. Scary on some of the transitions and the sand was real soft and dry.

Comp hill was so smooooooth. There was only the smallest whoop in front of the dune. I'm going to try to get 2-3 more trips before halloween. The sand today reminded me of riding at St A except it was 10 degrees hotter and a smaller scale.......

I drive out in the morning around 5am and leave dumont between 10-12pm so the weather isn't that bad. Last weekend was awesome. Today was humid, so it felt alot warmer.

Mario, I'm with you on tweaking the Lectron. Its kinda fun because its so fast and easy to adjust the metering rod or swap the powerjet.

jbt