CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Vegas and Cali 4 stroke 300ft drags in Amargosa

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vegas and Cali 4 stroke 300ft drags in Amargosa

Let's be real.... if we get enough people, the price will drop. We need about 3K to get the event going and that is VERY cheap - that's only 30 people. We we get 60 racers, then the price drops dramatically. Obviously, it's not a linear equation because more people will be more taxing on the track, but it should cut it dramatically.

Also, the possibility of having an ALL stock class, with a tech inspection is VERY possible. A simple tournament format is VERY easy. With an entire two days, we can do a lot of "In-Class" racing.

Simple, Simple, Simple. I've already got a T-shirt sponsor willing to give us cost, and my connections will make vendor collaboration fairly painless.

Any other excuses?

This event would be for all of us, and something that would be very fun for the community. This is not a kill or be killed event. It's meant to give those who have experience, a chance to show there stuff. For those with little or no experience to gain knowledge and have a good time. That's what this is about. Nothing more, and nothing less.

Old 09-13-2004, 05:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

This is sounding better and better as the time goes on. Is there a dyno there? Not that I've ever been fortunate enough to get my ATVs on one, but I think a lot of people would be curious about a dyno anyhow. Or how far is the dyno you guys use? If we can get something together in November that would be awesome - for an event this size it's short notice, but that doesn't make it impossible. I really like the idea of it being a fair start.

Old 09-13-2004, 07:15 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

HMMMMMMM
I am not the fast guy, but it sounds like a hell of a time. And a good chance to put names with faces.
Where exactly is Arimigosa?How far from Vegas?

Old 09-13-2004, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

Hour and half to two hours, depending where in Vegas your coming from.

I really like the idea of 3 classes - granted this may not be how everyone else does it, but it is simple and should be a lot of fun.

1 = Stock (Pipes, CDI's, Air Filters, carbs and jetting only - no internal mods)
2 = Super Stock (Pistons no higher than 12.5:1, Cams, Naturally Aspirated on any fuel - no NO2)
3 = Modified Unlimited (You name it, you run it)

Everyone must wear helmets, shirts, long pants and shoes/boots

Talk to me?

Old 09-13-2004, 07:53 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

Sounds like a great idea. The three classes will do a very good job of allowing everybody to be competitive.
Big Daddy, if you were coming from Salt Lake, would you go all the way to Vegas, then go from there, or is it short of Vegas?
I could do this on a weekend.....Leave friday after work, come home sunday afternoon.

Old 09-13-2004, 08:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Blackhawk, I can get a portable dyno there, all most 99% sure.

KGB, Try mapquest from S/L to Amargosa.

Old 09-13-2004, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

hey mario i bet we could get powerhouse to bring his portible dyno up there. w/ enough people, he could charge a minimal fee and still come out w/ a nice size bank roll! this could be alot of fun. and if ther is like a semi stock class i bet alot of people would be in. the more activities and what not the more of a turn we will have! and mid nov. would be better for me too. will there be rv parking so i can have a place for us you and margret to sleep?

Old 09-13-2004, 08:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

We will probably take a rig down ourselves, But there Should be plenty of space to park and camp.
We are going to talk with the owner this evening and get some more details. The good thing about this event is that there will mostly be 4 strokes there, but all 4.0 banshees or slower are allowed..

Dirtbikes and buggies slower than 4.0 are welcome too. We will find out if wheely bars are manditory ( I doubt it )

THe super fast cars and bikes are not recomended due to the very end of the track, It gets bumpy for all the room it takes for a 2.9 sec dragster to slow down, and we want a safe melow environment. Cough, cough, 4strokes, cough.

Old 09-13-2004, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like a good time. Looks like its past Dumont right? If we get enough people we could have a bolt on class. I think there are more of us with external bolt on mods then anything else. IT would be interesting to see how the same mods on different bikes do against each other. Would be great for tuning. Any experienced dirt/flat racing peeps with experience feel free to chime in about good tire setups. Thanks

Old 09-13-2004, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider

sounds sweet. the old ball and chain gave me permission to get the boons set up at the 1st of oct. i cant wait. it should be a ripp pushing 80 hp w/ a 130 lbs pilot!

Quick Reply: Vegas and Cali 4 stroke 300ft drags in Amargosa