ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   CAN-AM (BRP) (https://atvconnection.com/forums/can-am-brp/)
-   -   Vegas and Cali 4 stroke 300ft drags in Amargosa (https://atvconnection.com/forums/can-am-brp/172245-vegas-cali-4-stroke-300ft-drags-amargosa.html)

ANNIHILATER 09-12-2004 11:50 PM

Vegas and Cali 4 stroke 300ft drags in Amargosa

I just got off the phone with the owner of the 300ft track In Amargosa, here are the rules.

We can basically set up our own weekend race , If there is enough participants. 30 bikes or more.

Rules- No quads, buggies or dirtbikes faster than 4 sec. but these machines are all allowed to run.

I kinda talked the guy into setting up the track for some forum members and other draggers that want to go and race w/ TIME SLIPS to see where we all are at. The guy needs $100 from each racer to cover ALL cost to basically run AS MUCH as we want during the weekend (2 days) days and maybe evening. The track will be fully insured and prepped for 300ft. The guy will even BBQ some burgers during this time. There is a hotel not far away or you can camp, Also Amargosa dunes are not far, maybe 20 mins from track. If we can get enough people together so this guy can get insurance and tractors and water trucks in motion. I think it would be a GREAT time. We can run for fun on Sat, and then go heads up on sunday. Moderators, I have no affiliation w/ this track owner other than trying to get everyone to race. .
NOTE- NOTHING IS SET IN STONE AT THE MOMENT UNTIL I GET 30+ PEOPLE TO COMMIT!!!!

Participants can pay the owner of the track to enter when we arrive.

This guy wants me to handle the questions, he is a very busy man, Thanks.

A potential date would be Edit- Mid Nov.. If 30 people or more can commit. EDIT-- Mid Nov

All AZ guys are welcome and anyone else.

Anyone interested report right here!!...

ANNIHILATER 09-12-2004 11:57 PM

Heres who I can think of off the top of my head, let me know who is interested.

Annihilater (me)
Slowride?and freinds
Bigdaddy?
1badraptor?
Wshrdskn?
Eaglecollector?
Sixsixty?
Bulldogsz400?
Drdune?
Madracing?
Thunderally?
Slimchance?(from vegas)
Marbleous
Vegas650?
Speedy
And maybe a few others that are non forum members here in town.

If we cant get 30 people we are S.O.L., NO big deal, But this could be a cool deal.

bulldogz400 09-13-2004 12:14 AM

As long as nothin too serious comes up you can count me in!!! Lemme know details...

ANNIHILATER 09-13-2004 12:19 AM

We might be able to do it the month after, I would have to check.

Our whole group would practicaly own the track for 2 days, and we would not have to wait for a million people to run in between, then kick back and party up. we could get plenty of vids and see who can run what.

Lets see how these hill shooters react on a tree.

Different classes can be set-up according to cc and trial times.

BlackHawk 09-13-2004 04:30 AM

That sounds cool - FAIR drags where people get a red light if the leave (sparks) early. I don't think I'd drag, but I might go as a spectator. I assume this is a dirt type of drag (not sand) so knobbies and who has what dirt tires (of all things!) would come into play.

speeeedy 09-13-2004 01:48 PM

if i am sprayen by then you can count me in. i might need to buy some razer2s also. and yes my nephew will probly be the pilot. it sounds like alot of fun!

thunderalley400ex 09-13-2004 02:55 PM

Id be up for it for sure, I just hope my bike is done by then [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

ANNIHILATER 09-13-2004 03:33 PM

Maybe mid Oct is too soon, we can shoot for mid Nov. And give everybody plenty of time.

Also, we should be able to run paddles, or knobbies, Ill have to see what hooks better, and I will know in advance.

BigDaddy331 09-13-2004 03:34 PM

a LOT of "if's" out there...... Come on men, pull up on the boot straps and quit making excuses. Mario is my pal, and I support him. My $100 is in! I'll buy anyone who beats me a beer or soda. If I beat you, you owe me!

Calling you punks out! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Now that I'm done stirring the pot... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Mario and I are willing to do all the work and make this an event. We're looking at Mid November, and hoping to make this a pretty big shin-dig. For those of you who are within 300 - 400 miles - step up to the plate. We will meet and try to get some of the details ironed out. T-shirts, food, vendors etc. etc. Looking for a name, and several have crossed my small mind.

Tur"n"key Shoot
Thanksgiving Day Classic
Leave it in the Dirt
Armagosa Lightning

Anyway, this is what I do for a living - event programming. So pardon me for running with it. We will be making NO MONEY what so ever. Just want to give those out there an event and a good time. Hope to have a good showing and make this a yearly thing. We want to make this a family event, so best behavior is MANDITORY! We will need officials in different areas, and those who are interested, please email or PM Mario (ANNIHILATER) or myself.

I'd like to start a thread, that's pinned and always at the top. I will get in touch with administrotors ASAP. Thanks for your interests guys.

BigDaddy out!

bombdsbaja 09-13-2004 03:36 PM

I agree with Chris, I'm not fast enough to be racing, well to be shelling out 100 bucks to find out what I already know!! I'm slow ( for now) but I would like to come see you guys race fast.

Tom