CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Carson trailers.....OPINIONS

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carson trailers.....OPINIONS

Was at the Sand Sports Super Show this weekend and had a look at the line of Carson Run Runner trailers. I dont have a toyhauler yet, but for the money they seem like the best value to option ratio. I would like to hear any comments regarding the quility and construction of these trailers. Any comments appriciated.

Also I checked out the KMS setup and BSed with Blackhawk for a bit. Maybe ill have some shelter for Halloween.

Old 09-19-2004, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

They are ok trailers. Not the greatest but not the worst so i have heard. They are pretty reasonably priced too. I have heard resale value is bad on them though. Thats about all i know about them.

Sean

Old 09-20-2004, 12:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Look closely and see some of the little things - like how are the cabinets assembled - are they put together with staples or screws? There is a forum for people buying RVs, if you haven't seen it you should take a look:

http://www.rv.net/

Back in 2000 some people were saying bad things about Carson, though I was looking at the open style trailers not Toy Haulers. You might check out pricing on the extended warranty as well, no matter which trailer you go with. When I was looking at THs (pretty much for fun) I liked the Wildwood Sandpiper series. I've also heard the new Attitude THs are cool.

Good luck & I have a feeling no matter what you choose you'll love it. What are you pulling it with - the F150 or do you have another truck to pull it with?

Old 09-20-2004, 01:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looked at ALL of them and got a 21' Attitude. Best bang for the buck IMO. The Gearbox is nice but spendy. I'm moving and might consider selling mine.

Old 09-20-2004, 01:40 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

sixsixT,

Are you moving towards the city or further out into the sticks?

Old 09-20-2004, 01:41 AM
Pro Rider

I have a Carson enclosed cargo trailer, the 7x14 Hiway Cargo model. The price was good, the customer service sucks, quality is okay. I noticed with there fun runner toy box trailers, the price seems inexpensive at first but then when you look at what that price includes you will noticed its stripped. They have a long list of options which make the price skyrocket. Some of those option that I would think are required would be generator, A/C, adequate size water/holding tanks, etc.

Old 09-20-2004, 11:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: BlackHawk
sixsixT,

Are you moving towards the city or further out into the sticks?
I'm moving to Florida and hope to find a nice place out in the sticks there or maybe a deal on some water front property.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

What sandaholic said is true. The Attitude comes loaded gen., a/c, tv w/dvd player, stereo, 100 gal. water, leveling jacks, microwave, FUEL STATION etc.