CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Mr.HP using PAMI stuff?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 04:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mr.HP using PAMI stuff?

Originally posted by: jetsnow600
Well rumor has it that Mr. HP is using some PAMI stuff.

It seems to be more than just a "rumor" as out at DS Days on CapeWindy's MRHP 730 there was a large grind mark on the cylinder right where the pami cylinders say PAMI, same size and everything. Makes me wonder?

Just trying to find out the truth.

Sean

Trying to find out the truth or stir things up a little? I think if he was out-sourcing parts, he would be the first to let you know about it.
I heard he was using a wiseco banshee piston in his stock bore...?? But thats what I heard.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Justin

Old 10-03-2004, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider

Trying to find out the truth.

Here is a link to the pic of a pami cylinder, the grind mark was EXACTLY where it says Team Pami.

http://www.team-pami.com/images/Bomb...s7601gross.jpg

If its not a pami cylinder who was it that cast the cylinder for CapeWindy and why would you take a cylinder with a huge ugly grind mark on the side of it?

Old 10-03-2004, 10:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JDsBusa
I heard he was using a wiseco banshee piston in his stock bore...?? But thats what I heard.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Justin
LOL I hope you were joking [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] That's like my 7 yr old daughter wearing Shaq's shorts [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 10-03-2004, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

I don't think that HPR would stoop that low to recast a Pami cylinder and sell it as their own. Those guys have been nothing but straight up honest with me from the get go and it would be hard to believe they're not the same with others. If you want to know for sure take some random measurements of the HPR cylinder and compare them to a Pami cylinder and you will see for yourself.

JMiller

Old 10-03-2004, 10:49 PM
Range Rover

jetsnow do you buy parts from tvi??

Old 10-04-2004, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider

never bought a part from TVI.

Sean

Old 10-04-2004, 04:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Im sure most of you guys know this already, but every builder see's another builders work. So to say Mr.HP doesnt know what pami does inside their cylinders is just crazy talk, because they do. The sport wouldn't evolve if builders didnt know what other builders are doing.

Old 10-04-2004, 05:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Even if the jugs are somewhat alike, the head and bottom end is whats different. Even if Pami was makeing them the specs may be a tad different for easier install. But the head , carb and pipe is whats makeing power. Especially the pipe and carb (tuned properly) has proven itself on the dyno to me.

Old 10-04-2004, 05:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

That is very true. Just as a 2-stroke must incorporate cylinder timing and cylinder head design to a pipe configuration, it directly relates to a 4-stroke since it uses its cam timing in a simular fashion in correlation to pipe design.

I was talking to my buddy annihilater and he was saying how he thought the Mr.HP stuff and the PAMI stuff looked identical. He sent me some links and the more i looked, i seem to agree. But like i said earlier everybody typically learns from somebody else, and there is no shame in having to learn stuff.

Old 10-04-2004, 06:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Even if it was used as a template, it could still be a little different, In ways that cannot be seen with the naked eye.
Beech, dont hate the player, hate the game.

Quick Reply: Mr.HP using PAMI stuff?