CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Mr.HP using PAMI stuff?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mr.HP using PAMI stuff?

Amen

Old 10-08-2004, 12:36 AM
Pro Rider

Eric is easy enough to find. Maybe next time you should just ask him instead of trying to confirm a rumor with a thread.

Old 10-08-2004, 01:46 AM
Pro Rider

I think MisterHP is a great guy who backs his products. If it takes getting other products to improve on them and bettering the DS community then I say go for it. We will all benefit from his hard work. I would not hesitate to buy his products because I know there is alot of research and time spent on proving them. I don't think he should catch any slack for this but praise. I have read on this forum for years about people saying there isn't enough people out there doing mods for the DS, then someone comes along and does great things for it and gets bashed for it. I think that sucks. All I can say is job well done and keep up the great work.

Old 10-08-2004, 03:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks for telling us the whole story. I appreciate it and think this would have been handled better if it was done that way from the start.

Seems like I'm odd man out with my views.

I can appologize for implying that you are a thief. My reason's were a matter of passion over the issue.

Passion is also the reason this was brought up on the web. (To answer your question Mr. Meaner) There were enough people on the forums that already knew some of the details, enough to support raising the issue publicly. I think Jetsnow's picture make this more than a rumor. Again, I still believe what I believe and think that people that are looking at these 730 kits should know this information.

I cannot appologize for how I feel about the issue. I believe what I believe. I try to back up my beliefs with logic (doesn't always work). For this issue I looked at the recording industry as a comparison to this and people can't get away with using the words or similar notes of someone elses songs. So, I believe I have logic for my beliefs.

In the end, there are two issues for you:
1. You're the one that has to live with weather you feel what you've done is right or wrong.
2. How would you respond to Gottfried if you ran into him on the street? Would you have done the same thing to your brother or best friend?
D.U.O (Do Unto Others as they would do to you.) These are your questions, not mine.

The thing that frustrates me the most is that more people don't believe as I do.

I know Oregon Dune Patrol and I disagree as well but, he was welcome in my camp over Labor Day (DS Days.) So, I'm not saying I'm the type to hold a grudge personally. . . Doesn't mean we have to agree on everything.

I do appreciate the work you have done to come up with different kits and increase power. The work you've done with Falicon Crankshafts to develop your 800 as well as working on the 108mm sound like some serious runners. As I've stated before, I have a set of your machined hubs.

Now, getting past this and back to business!!!

I didn't know the Pami Jug deck height was different than the stocker. Is it just the thickness of the base gasket? The Pami gasket is probably thicker than the stocker (assume???)

Sounds like you are going to have two jugs??? One for a bolt on 730 and the other for a 108mm?

I assumed the Pami Jug for the 105.5mm was bored and re-niked for the 108mm but, didn't know there was a different design for the 108. Interesting.

Old 10-08-2004, 04:24 AM
Pro Rider

HMMMM....

Look at the 3rd post in this thread. It is MRHP saying the answer to him using a pami cylinder is "NO" and now the truth comes out that he is using a PAMI cylinder.

So how would you feel if i take your 730 cylinder whenever you come out with it and make a few minor changes to it and maybe bore it out a tad, then grind off the MRHP on it and call it my own?

Also when talking to Capewindy out at DS Days as to whether it was a pami cylinder or not he said he thought it was a mrhp cylinder so i dont think he knew like you said you told him....

Anybody interested in a 106mm bore with a 730 mrhp cylinder with the "mrhp" ground off?

Just think about it....

Sean

Old 10-08-2004, 04:51 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

I readily absorb ideas from every source - frequently starting where the last person left off - I never pick up an item without thinking of how I might improve it.

Because ideas have to be original only with regard to their adaptation to the problem at hand, I am always extremely interested in how others have used them....

A good idea is never lost. Even though its originator or possessor may die, it will someday be reborn in the mind of another....

I am quite correctly described as 'more of a sponge than an inventor....'

I am not overly impressed by the great names and reputations of those who might be trying to beat me to an invention.... Its their 'ideas' that appeal to me.

Thomas Edison.
If there had been an up front answer to begin with this post would have died right away and no one would have got there knickers in a twist.
These forums are great for sharing ideas and even questioning someones reputation especially when you look at the sums of money involved. Many on here probably have never heard of Knutz but who knows how many more people would have had to fight to get there motors back if threads on missing motors hadn't started appearing?
The Bomb forum always has the most civil discussions, I don't even bother reading the others anymore.

Old 10-08-2004, 11:03 AM
Pro Rider

I thought this soap opera was over? Jetsnow, I may be wrong and the feedback after this post will confirm, but you are really starting to sound foolish. After reading Mister HP's reply, I understand everthing perfectly. There was no intent to hide anything, nor was he using Pami cylinders and calling them his own.
Sounds like to me before you go calling people out, you need to get the facts FIRST.

Old 10-08-2004, 11:06 AM
Range Rover

I agree coyoteman, MrHP is a stand up guy. I have only talked to him once but have but a bunch of stuff recently from them and absolutely love their drive to make the ds faster and faster.
kyle

Old 10-08-2004, 11:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

I argree with everyones statements Except::[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

q]Originally posted by: Coyoteman
I thought this soap opera was over? Jetsnow, I may be wrong and the feedback after this post will confirm, but you are really starting to sound foolish.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

No ones query's are realy foolish they are a need for understanding which is the desire for knowledge which is what sucess in life is based on . AND HAVING A RICH DADDY HELPS TOO!!!!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously i don't think he sounds foolish at all he has questions he's asking them. Thats not foolish and i do know all parties involved and have shook all there hands they are all stand up people. At this point they just have a differance of opinons !!!!! As matter of fact jet and mrhp are both very reserve guy's.So if jets upset i say let him climb up on his soap box and scream until he can't scream no more.Then we will ride [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-08-2004, 11:50 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: AZSAND
I argree with everyones statements Except::[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

q]Originally posted by: Coyoteman
I thought this soap opera was over? Jetsnow, I may be wrong and the feedback after this post will confirm, but you are really starting to sound foolish.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

No ones query's are realy foolish they are a need for understanding which is the desire for knowledge which is what sucess in life is based on . AND HAVING A RICH DADDY HELPS TOO!!!!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously i don't think he sounds foolish at all he has questions he's asking them. Thats not foolish and i do know all parties involved and have shook all there hands they are all stand up people. At this point they just have a differance of opinons !!!!! As matter of fact jet and mrhp are both very reserve guy's.So if jets upset i say let him climb up on his soap box and scream until he can't scream no more.Then we will ride [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I agree 100%. I also think there were lessons learned here - I just hope they wont beforgotten in less than 2 minutes. And please, no spin - I've seen enough political ads to last me a lifetime.

Quick Reply: Mr.HP using PAMI stuff?