CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Dumont Oct !6th. Whos got the guts.

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 07:58 PM
MTX
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumont Oct !6th. Whos got the guts.

Me and my dad will probably be out their sSturday, we will have baja ds with big gun pipe and geckos (getting new ones next week 22") also a white banshee. My yfz isnt ready yet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-14-2004, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 1BADRAPTOR
Vegas remember when you were the fastest DS around , not that your not fast anymore but you dont ride that much...

The SANDPIG is still a legend in my eyes...
Yea, I mentioned that in Mario's post about the drags in Armaossa. I could even beat Mario back then.

Anyway, I got my dates screwed up. I won't be there till the wekend of the 22nd. SORRY![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 10-15-2004, 12:14 PM
Trailblazer

I will see you on the 22nd ....

I will be the guy on the 400ex in front of you onthe hill ...

Or I will be the guy on the 400ex that you pass going up the hill as my crank busts a hole in my cases ...

Old 10-15-2004, 03:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

I will come back up to Dumont the 22 also. Shane, I will be looking for you.

Advice for you- WARE SOME THICK GOGGLES!! see ya soon. I hope your bike does good shane. Its been a while since youve been out there.

Old 10-15-2004, 06:24 PM
Trailblazer

I will bring some goggles, but you might want to wear them !!!!

I might not have my bike dialed in until Sunday ....

Old 10-17-2004, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider

I may even make an apperance out there on the 22nd![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-17-2004, 02:22 AM
Trailblazer

any updates from today ?????

Old 10-17-2004, 12:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: shanebv2
any updates from today ?????

Yes, We went out there and There was a lot of people. Met up w/ Wshrdskn and eaglecollector and bigdaddy, Slowride and Whsrdskn's son justin and others. We took alot of video of Everyone racing. The fast built cr500 with LIGHT pilot was back out there with a new pipe to race me. The legend was out there with radar gun, I only hit 58.9-59 mph. I could not keep the front end down, tooo little air pressure in tires. We had everything mopped exept the super drag banshee that was hitting 75-78mph, but I did not race him. I finally did a gear change when I got home, Should be a decent gain with that when we go back. Bigdaddys bike was not running the way it should(leaky pressure guage). The place that fills my nos bottles only filled them half way as I suspected, That sucked to run weak psi... All in all it was good to get see all the crew and we beat the sh-t out of our bikes. But I think we got some good vids. Dave already has them. next time I hope its not 100 degrees again. It shouldnt be though. That heat gets to me.

Old 10-17-2004, 12:40 PM
Trailblazer

Sounds good, hope it is cooler next weekend ....

What where you running off the bottle ???

Shane

Old 10-17-2004, 01:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I was running 55-56 off the bottle that is when I lugged it in 4th. I could have let 3rd rev to 9+k and hit 57 I think, but I just dont like to do that to the valve springs. . The guy only radared us a few times so its hard to tell, After I changed bottles and nos jets it was a different story Unfortunately the radar gun wasnt there. I Had to have broke 60 easily, But the gun wasnt there at the end of the day. It was good to see what needed to be done. I was geared pretty tall 17-40 w/ 24 inch tires. I dropped 1 tooth on the counter and plan on 3rd gear launch (give 2nd a break) I will be running 16-40 and pulling a very hard 4th. It still pulls good with 17-40, but not where it should be "off the bottle".

Shane, a few hours w/ your gun and taking notes, w/ the 60ft times and such, we can really get serious.

Quick Reply: Dumont Oct !6th. Whos got the guts.