CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

PLEASE look at frame on EBAY - ask for serial #

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 10:38 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE look at frame on EBAY - ask for serial #

Just a thought - a friend with a similar experience notified ebay of their concerns and ebay required authentiaction of a serial number before the auction was allowed to proceed - turned out not to be his bicycle...

Old 11-04-2004, 11:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I notified Ebay of his refusal to supply a Vin#, they told me to contact my local sherrif and did not want to have anything to do with it. We went back and forth 3 times with replies before i gave up on Ebay. What's my local Indiana sherriff gonna do with a suspicion of a guy in NY? gimme a break man....

I'm very curious to find out his response to all your requests, and see if they all match up and jive!!
Thanks guys!

Old 11-04-2004, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider

i sent him an email asking if the frame would fit on an 02 baja i asked him if the frame was white or the normal silver (cuz i thought he painted it) asked him if he had a title for it and then i asked if he could give me the numbers and he still hasnt gotten back to meyou should email the highest bidder and tell him to get the info and give it to you hightower

Old 11-04-2004, 12:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I mailed the high bidder, good idea rykid.

This really pisses me off, because I want the tie rods and wheel hubs, but I refuse to bid on stolen property and really I don't want the guy to end up being a thief, I want him cleared as a misunderstanding so I can get the parts I need! But if he is a thief, then like I said I want him to burn. But really, I don't know how to do either!

If you all get a bogus #, there's nothing much we can do. if its jacked then the numbers are gone, ground off, and there's no law against that. there would be nothing to prove, even if you did get the cops involved. The most we could do is give negative feedback saying he refused to give Vin#, or gave bogus Vin#. But then we get feedback from him too....personally I don't care, I'm gonna do what's right and bust him out for being the filth he is - if he is that is - and I'll not allow myself to be intimidated by potential repurcussions.

But if the #'s you guys get match and my dealer confirms they are legit DS #'s, then I guess we'll leave him be.

Old 11-04-2004, 01:43 PM
Trailblazer

Email from the high bidder says he didn't ask for the serial #. He is going to ask for it.

"Dear nelsok,

nelsok, no we did not ask for it... this is an item my buddy is bidding on using my account. joking we both wondered if this is a hot atv. if you suspect this let me know and i will request vin number and title info. best regards ken "

Old 11-04-2004, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Guys! Just reading through the posts sounds to me that its not ligit. Refusing to give a serial no. when your goin to buy it. Unless he reported it stolen and claimed compo or something. Also stealing a motor! Come on unless you've got a good few hours on your hands and a tool box and you'd imagine they would take the whole bike if they had that long.

Old 11-04-2004, 06:56 PM
Trailblazer

Just received a reply back from the seller:

Serial #2BVBBCB15YV000247

Old 11-04-2004, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider

Just got mine from him also

2BVBBCB15YV000247

Old 11-04-2004, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My # is 2BVBBCB11YV000228

Is there a place on line to check to see if thei is stolen? Since he gave out the number, I would think it isnt, but you never know.

Old 11-04-2004, 08:54 PM
Pro Rider

A dealer should be able to pull the # up and see who it belongs to.

Quick Reply: PLEASE look at frame on EBAY - ask for serial #