CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Video of TVI's KMS Turbo DS

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 06:10 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Video of TVI's KMS Turbo DS

HOLY COW!!!!....it is stroker 800 with KMS turbo against KMS stock DS ?... i wonder what is the set-up of the last banshee ?

Old 11-11-2004, 05:12 PM
Range Rover

Cannibalq8,the ds dynoed @68HP(TVI 720)and the Shee was drunk!!Turbo ran 4.6 in 300'.

Old 11-12-2004, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider

Man that thing is wicked fast! Was that bike @ DS Days? And if so, could anybody on this board hang with it?

Old 11-12-2004, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider

Yah it was at DS days. Unfortunatly for the turbo boys none of them were really up to par till pretty much the last day. TVI's bikes were more set up for doing the racing in the videos, so they really werent set up for the monster hill shoot (wrong tires mostly). NO bike at DS days beat Jeff's 830 NOS bike. I think the turbo's someday will take him though......maybe!

Old 11-12-2004, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider

1 fast 4 wheeler[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

sounds like A LOT OF FUN AND MAINTENANCE[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

GOOD LUCK

Old 11-12-2004, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider

that is one BAd a$$ machine

Old 11-12-2004, 11:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The fastest single cylinder 4-strokes are running high 4.2 sec in 300 feet, some without NOS/turbo. I think that's what it will take to win glamis MLK weekend. I heard sparks has a raptor running faster than the titanium framed honda 450r did last year.

I think a little more boost will be needed to win at glamis (DS is heavy and doesn't handle whoops as good as other ATVs). Run the boost where it requires 114 octane.

THEBOM ran 4.6 sec without a lot of NOS. The 800 turbo is capable of a lot more power than a 760/830 only running a small shot of NOS.

Where's AZSAND? He usually knows what to expect that weekend.

Old 11-13-2004, 11:29 AM
Pro Rider

man i live way to far from the hill!!!!! 300' isn't very far when you can't even shift out of 2nd gear the whole way down the track[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] i need to run more like 1000' with the busa then i could shift into 3rd[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-13-2004, 02:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JEFFROE
man i live way to far from the hill!!!!! 300' isn't very far when you can't even shift out of 2nd gear the whole way down the track[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] i need to run more like 1000' with the busa then i could shift into 3rd[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
What front and rear sprockets did you have on? Your DS felt like it might have been geared too low (gears run out too quickly) or possibly the clutch was slipping partially. I was doing some gear ratio calculations comparing my gearing to yours. IF you were running a 17(?) tooth up front and a 60(?) tooth in the rear, then your overall gearing was very close to mine in 1st, 2nd, 3rd (although your peak HP RPM is higher than mine). I launched mine in 2nd and went into 3rd fairly quickly. If you were staying in 2nd gear that was hurting you. When I took your DS down the strip I started slowly in first and then went into second. Second ran out quickly. I also made some passes on my DS later, getting in 4th gear using more length.

Old 11-13-2004, 03:22 PM
Pro Rider

the 17/60 is how it was set up for hill shooting. taking off in second gear and never shifting into 3rd was working with the fast shee's, but it felt flat against you'r ds, but i tell you it's hard to up shift when there is no room to stop. when i was using 1st gear starts it would blow off the tires so bad i could'nt beat the shee's, then leaving in 2nd and not shifting (thanks to kyle) started working better. face it with my big butt (245lbs) on a heavy ds with 1300cc 4 cylinder bike motor, isn't going to make the best light weight sprint machine out there.i know that lowering the stance would help as well, but i still want to dune it around not just race all day. i don't think my clutch was slipping even after riding it for hours. i have decided to start asphalt racing the busa both 1/8th mile and the full 1/4 mile, should be interesting seeing what it can really do (motor is still all stock) be cool as heck to run a sub 10sec pass with a quad on pump gas. p.s. if it isn't fast enough $2900 buys a turbo [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Video of TVI's KMS Turbo DS