CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Video of TVI's KMS Turbo DS

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 11:37 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Video of TVI's KMS Turbo DS

that was some good races with the banshee, i even rolled out and got some of that one then he rolled over to his trailer and came back on some nasty looking banshee don't think it even had plastic, the a$$ whooping we took was insane, so were all still aways from the top

Old 11-14-2004, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

what r the differences between the turbo bombs and the busabomb besides it sounds like greater clutch life.they r both big money and commitment i was just wondering.performance and dune riding besides racing how different they are.

Old 11-15-2004, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

Boomer when and where is that DS coming to PA? I got a few friends who would like to check it out.

Old 11-15-2004, 12:21 PM
Pro Rider

pro's and cons of the built turbo ds machines and the hayabusa ds's with compairable power.

PRO'S turbo ds

1. turbo ds can be bolted together with most all parts coming kit form.
2. should be straight forward install without much fabrication to fit the parts.
3. retain stockish look.
4. big power gains and more boost is always available.

CON'S turbo ds

1.stretching the ds motor to it's limit will shorten life and make repairs more frequent.
2.clutch issues never ending limiting back to back runs at the track,and having to replace clutch's offen.
3.having to run alky or other race gas as you increase boost.

PRO'S busa

1.run hard all day on the same tank of pump gas.
2.stock motor runs cool.
3.efi always spot on, no need to tune for weather conditions.
4.will run with the fast crowd but still be able to putt-putt around the dunes/trails the rest of the day.
5.turbo is available if not fast enough stock.
6.no clutch issues.

CON'S busa

1.try to find a hayabusa complete set-up.
2.now find someone to fabricate a frame to hold the thing.
3. 70+ lbs heavier than the already heavy ds.
4$$$$$$$$$

i'm no expert but the reason i did'nt tubo my 760 was i wanted a scary fast machine that dosn't require tons of maintenance and can be riden all over the place,not just at the track. my 2 cents.

Old 11-15-2004, 01:31 PM
Range Rover

Entomber,he runs 1/4 mile backtop should be testing this week!Jeffroe,Stock DS can handle 11 PSI boost. Our stroker can handle 18 PSI.We are currently running 11 PSI and the only problem is getting traction.No clutch problems!!!

Old 11-15-2004, 02:28 PM
Pro Rider

i was basing the clutch thing on scooby, when he said his turbo used a new clutch every hour it shocked me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
i have nothing against the turbo bikes (my busa will have one also) the newer systems i sure are tough as hell and good for all types of riding.

Old 11-15-2004, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider

Wouldn't any clutch problems be related to the amount of horsepower/torque, irregardless of how the engine was built? So if I get 60 HP out of a turbo or big bore kit, wouldn't the clutch react the same, as its the same HP?

I know my FI/Turbo setup comes on so smooth that I didn't notice much difference from stock on the sand highway, until I looked at my speed on the GPS. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] And at Olds, I noticed a BIG difference. The machine is more dunable than ever. All with bolt on parts and 7lbs of boost on AV gas (which I run in everything anyway as AV gas is a more stable fuel)

How much does it cost to ship a DS engine engine to a builder to have it built to 60+HP? What related problems do you have from having a perfectly good stock motor being opened up?

From my research, the bolt on FI/Turbo system was the best performance value with the most HP gains for the money, and the most dependable to.

Old 11-15-2004, 07:46 PM
Range Rover

AZSANDRIDER,We made 84HP @ 6PSI 64 FT of torque.We normally run 11 PSI but the Dyno-Jet didn't have an Eddy Brake to provide the neccessary load we needed.The clutch is not a problem!!!We run std. bomb disc with our redline 75% springs and 15-50 REDLINE oil. I agree with you about Turbo EFI being most cost effective HP. But thats just a good start! I'm just started the Dirt Wheels project bike.Got 36 HP from 2005 DS 650X.Now we put on KMS Turbo EFI Kit and test again.

Old 11-16-2004, 08:33 PM
Trailblazer

i just cant stomach apending grand if its not on my dsm....i hate having to part with 5 grand to get a ds....but it will be worth it

Old 11-27-2004, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider

what was the kms bike running against?? as far as ds's. the orange one half way threw video. was it a 760?