CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

What do you think of the Yoshimura RS-3

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think of the Yoshimura RS-3

I am thinking of getting the Yoshimura RS-3 slip-on. I talked to randall with HPResearch and he told me my FMF pipe was putting out less power than the stock pipe on the dyno's. He said HMF, and Yosh were the 2 best on the dyno's for slip-ons. I was just curious if anyone had one and if so do you like it?

Old 11-13-2004, 02:21 AM
Pro Rider

I am a big fan of Yoshi products. If they made a full system for the DS, I would have one on my bike. I put a yoshi slip on my dad's z400 and recently installed a yoshi full system on my friends YFZ450. Top quality system. I like the stainless steel and all the welds and mounting hardware are top notch. I also think the sound is great and they offer easy spark arrestor/ quiet core removal.

Old 11-13-2004, 02:28 AM
Pro Rider

Good to here the quality is good. I would rather pay alittle more for better quality than less for something with less quality. I here the HMF is great for performance but the quality is not as good as some of the other pipes on the market. I am just trying to find the best performance and quality with a spark arrester that I can.

Old 11-13-2004, 04:14 AM
Pro Rider

Yoshi is one of the best fit and finish systems out there, not to mention the performance, it sounds good and puts out the ponies to match or top the other systems out there, I run a Yoshi system in-between my custom drag pipe installs, and there is not a whole lot of difference besides top end racing, and then not much to speak of unless you look at the peak #'s on a dyno, can never go wrong with Yoshi.

Old 11-13-2004, 04:25 AM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......

how loud is thay system i was really thinking about it also

Old 11-13-2004, 04:57 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I had a Yoshi, I liked it well, good quality, but eventually ran into a problem with it blowing packing and clogging up the sparky screen. the core is wrapped with a steel wool, and then glass around that, and its the steel wool that was blowing and clogging the screen. two hours into a ride and performance would be dropping due to a donut of wool restricting my flow. But I am like the only person I've ever heard of having that problem with their Yoshi, maybe its just a fluke or something...

So I got a White Bros. E-series Pro-Megaphone and put 18 disks on it, and the HP with this pipe is higher than what I had with the Yoshi. Granted the Yoshi will outperform the E-Series when using only the 12 disks it comes with, but adding another 6 showed me a definite gain that surpassed the Yoshi. But now I have a problem with the E-Series - the aluminum muffler can is cracking and splitting and their costumer service so far has not helped, been playing tag with answering machines...

Old 11-13-2004, 05:00 AM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......

so how loud is it?

Old 11-13-2004, 05:24 AM
Pro Rider

they are all loud, not a hush-kit, stay stock if you don't want any noise

Old 11-13-2004, 09:43 AM
Pro Rider

Go with the HMF Yoshimura rip me off when I had some work done on one. I got one quote then they double it and keep my old parts sold it as soon as I got it back. They make great stuff but their Customer Service is %^*(&)*_(){*%&%^#@%^##$%^&^^&^*(&^* UP big time.

Old 11-13-2004, 08:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

when you look at the Raptor pipe shootout Dirtwheels had, the Yoshi was one of the quietest out of the 20 pipes, even though it was 3rd overall for peak HP and had the absolute smoothest and sweetest power curve. and they also have the Tech Kit - which constists of a couple of end cap inserts that you can use to quiet it another couple of dB's.

Quick Reply: What do you think of the Yoshimura RS-3