CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

rocky mountain's new web site

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 02:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rocky mountain's new web site

That website probably cost them between $10,000 - $20,000, there is now way they're going back to anything. However, a web page is VERY editable, and I would imagien they can fix the problems. Your emails will help, but to help more, be as specific as you can, list ALL that you dislike, and be sure to tell them what they could do to fix each problem. If you just bitch saying you want the old site back all you'll do is get your email in the trash and unread.

Old 11-17-2004, 07:05 AM
Pro Rider

Whats the adress ?? have'nt been there long time...

Old 11-17-2004, 07:22 AM
Pro Rider

link

Old 11-17-2004, 07:36 AM
Pro Rider

Quicker than getting them to fix that thing...order a catalogue[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-17-2004, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: lilnotts
Originally posted by: OregonDunePatrol
They all suck! Well most of them! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
hey atleast us canadians can buy from them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I dont believe that that folks outside of the USA can buy off of the website - you have to call - then they do the conversion of the currancy and manually calculate the shipping and handeling. That adds quite a bit to the price.

Lilnotts, do you buy from them a lot? Do you think its worth it?

All it would take to kill Rocky Mountain's Canadian sales would be for a on-line site to open in Canada. You know, the spirit of capitalism can also be utilized by you. A lot of guys on this site started as ATV enthusiasts just like you. If you don't like something, and you think there is a market, you should make the attempt. JMHO

Marky

Old 11-17-2004, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider

I dont believe that that folks outside of the USA can buy off of the website - you have to call - then they do the conversion of the currancy and manually calculate the shipping and handeling. That adds quite a bit to the price.

Lilnotts, do you buy from them a lot? Do you think its worth it?

All it would take to kill Rocky Mountain's Canadian sales would be for a on-line site to open in Canada. You know, the spirit of capitalism can also be utilized by you. A lot of guys on this site started as ATV enthusiasts just like you. If you don't like something, and you think there is a market, you should make the attempt. JMHO

Marky
i think my first couple purchases i shipped it directly to my house, shipping wasn't to bad, but once after i got severly screwed on a shipment across the border(on a differen't part not bought from RMATV), i now just send it to a UPS store just across the river,

out of all my new aftermarket about 1/3 is from them, the rest is usually from Magic racing since i can just go across the border about an hour and pick it up directly, and i do think its worth it on parts that aren't really heavy(ie : tires), they're usually the cheapest so

and sure i'd love to have my own online store, but at my age i need to focus more on school,once i'm done with that who knows maybe i will start up my own,

Old 11-18-2004, 05:28 AM
Pro Rider

YOU GUYS HAVE GOT TO ORDER FROM CHAPARRAL-RACING.COM...... i used to order from rmatv. thats before i ordered a set of tires and saw that they charged me 52.00 for normal shipping. chaparral only charges half that . check out there prices. they are pretty good and in some cases better than rmatv. believe me i compare all the time. oh yea , i agree the new site looks good but it is not user friendly.

Old 11-18-2004, 06:54 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

at least they are trying

the old site was the worst

Old 11-18-2004, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider

The problem with all of those sites is that the guys that program the websites aren't quad riders - They like to prove how well they can make a site with a lot of visual BS, and they forget the first rule in marketing - KISS (KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID). Guys like us want to find the parts quickly or we will go somewhere else or just call someone. On the flip side of the coin, most of the guys that know anything about quads, don't know how to market products and create a website.

This is why Scion cars are so successful. They realize that the new generation of buyers want to be in control of the price and create a purchase with the bottom line price. Users simply go to the site, find the car they want, add the options, and a quote is generated. It gets submitted to the local Scion dealership and the car is ordered. No more haggeling, negotiating or BS. Its the way that everything will be in the next 5-10 years. People that are not on board with it, will be left in the dust.

Of course, it helps to have close friends that you've known since you were 5 years old, that also happen to train guys that run the Sony website. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-12-2005, 02:55 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: lilnotts
They all suck! Well most of them! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
hey atleast us canadians can buy from them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Lilnotts,

Isn't Canada a wonderful country? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Have no fear Lilnotts, Canada is W I D E open .... now.

Quick Reply: rocky mountain's new web site