CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Sidewinder NO GOOD

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 11:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sidewinder NO GOOD

garyc660R,

Why are you trying to change this company? - they suck- They have always sucked! I mean I think your help is couragous, but quite frankly misplaced. Anybody that buys from them after reading these posts simply gets whats coming to them. I think people should just cut their losses and post their experience and call it a day. People will never get their money back - and if they do, it'll only be because they are trying to salvage this one customer - because of the political pressure from this forum. That might be worth it, but it wont change how they run their business. The only way to change them is to not buy from them.

Marky

Old 11-19-2004, 11:36 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Don't get me wrong, I am not sticking up for Sidewinder. I would never buy from them based on the horror stories from other guys.

Old 11-19-2004, 12:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

BTW, why buy a $180 chain when the stocker lasted 4 years? 4 years is excellent service for any chain.
Its all about the bling, I wanted a pretty chain that will not oxidize because half my time is in the woods and the other half is in the dunes. they told me on the phone they do not make a stainless steel chain in 530 but they have the Ti and it would get me what I want.

The only chain I'll buy from now on is $80 or cheaper. I put 400 hours on that stock D.I.D. before it was stretched to the point of needing replacement, now that's performance. I'll get one o-ring for the woods, and one non-o-ring gold plated for the dunes. That's 2 chains for $120, which should last me quite a few years, and keep the $40 non-oring dune chain pretty since it'll never see mud or creeks.

Old 11-19-2004, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

If I can find somebody who has a 520 setup I will cancel my order.

Old 11-20-2004, 02:08 PM
Pro Rider

I've only purchased from them on two occasions and both times it was a cloudy transaction at best. I got what I wanted but only after delays and extra phone calls.
I just don't get it, compared to most other aftermarket companies they have a very small offering and yet they are mostly ignorant of their product and inventory when called. I will do my business elsewhere.

Old 11-20-2004, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider

I got a 530 master link I will be able to go out TG weekend

Old 11-27-2004, 08:04 AM
Pro Rider

THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A TITANIUM CHAIN FROM SIDEWINDER...way back when this first started I tried to send an email as group effort to get some satisfaction. I guess the email just went thru when I got plugged back in...here's the email from Vic:

Dear Jim, I do not think there is a more customer responsive company in this or any other industry....may I know who requires assistance? We do not make chains out of Ti...We make Ti rear sprockets and "Titanium" series chains to compliment the life of the Ti rear. Has someone had a problem or ???
We get about 6 or more customers a day saying they have never been treated better by anyone else and rate our products at the top of their experience...Let me know what is really going on...best regards...vic krause...owner

I'm going to send him a link to this thread...

Old 11-27-2004, 10:23 AM
Elite Pro Rider

i also had the same bad experience with sidewinder, i was lucky it only cost me shipping for them being---------- stupid. or did they just lie.

Old 11-27-2004, 10:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you've purchased products or services with your credit card you could dispute the product or service with the credit card company. I've had this happen once (non ATV product) and had the charges we're removed from my account. Esp. if you paid $180 for an $80 product. At a minimun, you're due $100 refund.

If you get nowhere with Sidewinder, call your credit card company. I believe they may help you.

Old 11-27-2004, 10:38 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: jiminok
THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A TITANIUM CHAIN FROM SIDEWINDER...way back when this first started I tried to send an email as group effort to get some satisfaction. I guess the email just went thru when I got plugged back in...here's the email from Vic:

Dear Jim, I do not think there is a more customer responsive company in this or any other industry....may I know who requires assistance? We do not make chains out of Ti...We make Ti rear sprockets and "Titanium" series chains to compliment the life of the Ti rear. Has someone had a problem or ???
We get about 6 or more customers a day saying they have never been treated better by anyone else and rate our products at the top of their experience...Let me know what is really going on...best regards...vic krause...owner

I'm going to send him a link to this thread...
Jim,

Vics comments about his company being responsive to customers are freaking bull crap - He either is totally out of touch with reality or is one lying SOB. I suspect its a little of both.

Quick Reply: Sidewinder NO GOOD