CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Got my back surgery yesterday!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 03:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my back surgery yesterday!

Maybe if you weren't such a Jackass. LOL . I'm only kidding Dave. I have hurt my back several times over the past years. Sometimes to a point I had to crawl on my knees to get around. The pain sucks. Hope you feel better and get back on the bike soon. Most importantly you and yours have a great Holiday season. Derek [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-21-2004, 04:00 AM
Pro Rider

Been there done that. I had L5 S1 sucked out about three years ago. Hope your're doing ok. Your pretty brave to get on the forums so soon. I was out of it for a week.

Old 11-21-2004, 04:58 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

glad you are feeling good

i just got a shot of cortizone on monday,,,,and my leg is feeling a lot better

Doc says the diskectomy is next for me. I havent ridden since May,,,,although,,,lately I have felt good enough to.

mine is a ruptured L5,,,and a bulge in 4 and 3. (left leg problems)

so,,,do you feel any instant relief yet???

Old 11-21-2004, 08:10 AM
Pro Rider

well i haul frozen seafood over the road, my other vehicle besides my ds is a 2002 peterbilt 379 extended hood witha 600 hp caterpillar and a 18 speed pulling a 2002 great dane 48' 102'' spread axle trailer, i miss that too lol i hurt my back feb12th of 2003 and have been off work since then, i was lifting a 10 lb case of calimari when it they went out at sysco foods in mpls. l5-s1 is herniated on the right side and l3-4 on the left side, there is a good disk in between the two bad ones otherwise he said he would have fused them and if he tried to do both at the same time it would be too much trauma for my back at once, it is a work comp issue so that is good really good actually, but they only pay 2/3 of my average gross income for the previuos 6 months before i got hurt, i have my w2 from the last couple of years and according to my records i grossed 1300.00 a week and took home 850.00 after 250.00 a weel child support and taxes but they are trying to say i only grossed 943.00 a week and are only paying me 628.00 a week but it is better than nothing, i have my lawyer on the case, im doing pretty good since i have been off got my ds a new snowmobile trailer and a new bedrooom set and a few other things, so anyway back to my back my right and left leg both went numb when i walked couldnt ride in a car for long but i did put 75 mile s on my ds last weekend with no problems at all i took it slow and the suspension was like pillows, my right leg is better but now my left leg falls asleep in about two minutes of standing there instead of 15 like before so the doc said he will probably have to go back in a 6 weeks and do the other one with a micro disksectomy, he said once he got inside friday it was alot worse than the mri showed, i have my computer up on top of my movie stand so i can stand up and use it, they fitted me witha custom back brace before my surgery so everytime i get up i have it on too, i was doing pretty good in the hospital but that was because they were giving me morhine lol now all i get is vicoden and valume oh well, i have been working with a qrc and taking tests and my doctor told her he does not hink i can go back to driving truck, i also have my hazmat endorsement and school bus but he said that might be too much sitting and he said i will probably have a 45 lb restriction the rest of my life so i took the tests and myqrc said i tested high enough on them to qualify for either cnc machining or several other things, i was a cobra helicopter crewchief in germany for 4 years right out of high school what a life lol sorry so long fellas i just took my pills and am rambling on, ill post some pics of my pete on the webshots home page if you guys would like to see it, thanks again i have learned so much from everyone on her that major eagle big wayne and too many more to mention right now, i will be ready to ride after the snow melts nex year, i have a buddy in cannon falls that does my powder coating for me really cheap i think i am gonna have him do my frame for me black wrinkle finished then get the baja orange fenders and seat cause you know halloween is my favorite holiday lol later fellas

Dave

Old 11-21-2004, 02:13 PM
Super Quad Patrol

wow dude
last february!!!! Thats a while ago.

Dont get too strung out on those pills. I only took mine if I needed to get to sleep. (I kinda like to feel the pain,,,,so I know where I stand)

back injuries suck!!

Old 11-21-2004, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider

no i am with you i'm kinda worried if i am all hooped up on pills i might hurt my back worse and not even know it,ill post some pics of my peterbilt on my webshots homepage so youguys csn check then out l8er dudes, i feel prettyg ood now i just took a valume for a muscle spasm in my back, you guys are kinda like family, too bad next summer we cantget all the western wi and eastern mn riders together in wabasha's sneak creek trail for a few days on the weekend for a get together that would be cool, sorry for ambling on again see ya fellas

Old 11-21-2004, 02:27 PM
Super Quad Patrol

this thread might provide a little good reading

although,,,you may want to print it,,,,and then read it while you are laying down with a pillow under your legs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-21-2004, 02:31 PM
Super Quad Patrol

if i do end up riding again,,,,,it will be on a bike with IRS

no i am with you i'm kinda worried if i am all hooped up on pills
OK

i feel prettyg ood now i just took a valume for a muscle spasm in my back, you guys are kinda like family
OK

group hug[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-21-2004, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider

look in my profile then click on the webshots link and i have pics of my big pete in there im not sure how to post a link from my main posting page yet, too many pills jk

Old 11-21-2004, 03:20 PM
Super Quad Patrol

the link doesnt work for me

Quick Reply: Got my back surgery yesterday!