CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Lectron Slide issue ... HELP !

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lectron Slide issue ... HELP !

1) Three to four per side would cover it at this point is my thinking.
2) as close to the ends of the slide as possible , there is a 1-2 mm cavity milled into the carb that adjoins the face of the slide the faces the engine and within that area might be the spot...did I loose ya there?
3) Ive already given thought to the sides but I dont think that would be an issue due to the fact that the force keeping the slide from moving is the face towards the motor not the sides.
4) Machining it out by hand might be an option so long as you have the propper tools to keep things in tollerances. harbor Freight has a Milling vise I might be able to use, god help me if I were to screw that up!! I have a buddy or two that might be able to help me out for a couple of beers

Old 11-23-2004, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider

I think it would be trick, however I can't imagine anyone who would be able to do that type of work. I'm sure that there are those that do, I just don't know anyone....

Let us know for SURE how this turns out.

PLEASE KEEP US POSTED.

Old 11-23-2004, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

sweet! lets us know how it turns out. post pics if you would to. I think it could be done by hand. if lots of extra care and time are taken. good luck

Old 11-24-2004, 10:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: Prozack
I have been trying to get the slide to operate smoothly on my Lectron 46. With the motor off it will move smoothly with no hang-ups. When it starts up there is a significant amount of resistance on the pull AND the return. Upon closer inspection of the sides of the slide, it has medium to deep scrapes / gouges from use which I’m sure is the cause of the problem in conjunction with the vacuum placed on the slide while the motor is running. OK so its not the end of the world and I’m not about to give up on my carb as it does provide the horse power that it promises!

For those of you that have dialed it in and have done polishing to the slides can ya help a brother out with some ideas ?

Would anybody know what a new slide costs as this might end up being the way to solve it? Its Monday and R-R isn’t open to ask….

Thanks Guys !
Prozack - How long after installation did you experience this problem? Was it from Day-1 or after several hours of ride time?
I installed my 46HV/Moose throttle and took it out for its initial run last Saturday. I only had it out there for 1/2 hour. Everything seemed fine. Tomorrow is the real test (Glamis till Sunday).

Thanks,
DHO

Old 11-24-2004, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

This has been this way since I bought it. Ive never had it out yet for a full ride. In all fairness to MrHp and his crew, I bought this carb used. If you look in the first couple of posts youll see that Bigdadddy331 said that he sold it to me. The slide has some use on it and the cable too. I have yet to go for a ride for more than 4-5 min.
Randal called me today and we spoke about it. Im going to take some 220 wet/dry and take out the scrapes and make sure that the carb is spotless. Also Im going to try a newer cable without the 90 degree bend in it.

Old 11-25-2004, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider

I'm not a fan of the 90deg bend. I'm running mine straight out the top between the tank & tank cover (tank shroud) with good results.

Old 11-25-2004, 05:03 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DryHeatOnly

Prozack - How long after installation did you experience this problem? Was it from Day-1 or after several hours of ride time?
I installed my 46HV/Moose throttle and took it out for its initial run last Saturday. I only had it out there for 1/2 hour. Everything seemed fine. Tomorrow is the real test (Glamis till Sunday).

Thanks,
DHO
If you are having any problems with the 46hv carb while out at glamis this weekend, come by my camp and I can help you out. Blackhawk will be there too, we both had/have our 46hv running really well. We will be camped out at wash 6 ( good luck finding us though, it will be a zoo!)

Old 11-25-2004, 07:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might get a few ideas from this FCR diagram but for the rollers to work on the Lectron it would require an air-gap between the front of the slide and carb body. That gap may cause to much air to by-pass the needle and make for an erratic or poor idle.

Old 11-25-2004, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider

Is there such a thing as "Good" idle with the Lectron. I know that it is adequate..... but good?????

Good thing it doesn't need to idle great when racing! If you want to run idle at say 1400 - 1600 your in!

Obviously there are those that are out there that have gotten there Lectrons to work like champs. Those are the guys that will be of the most help. If Sand and Maddog got theres running like pig snot on a hot plate - get over there and see those guys..

good luck.

let us know what you come up with.

Old 11-26-2004, 03:11 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigDaddy331
Is there such a thing as "Good" idle with the Lectron. I know that it is adequate..... but good?????

Good thing it doesn't need to idle great when racing! If you want to run idle at say 1400 - 1600 your in!
I am not running the 46HV anymore (went EFI), but when I did it would idle very well. According to the Operators guide, the stock carb/engine should idle at 1300rpm +/-100 so that would be 1200-1400 range. I don't remember what I had it idleing at with the 46HV, but it wasn't much higher then stock.

Quick Reply: Lectron Slide issue ... HELP !