CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Lectron Slide issue ... HELP !

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lectron Slide issue ... HELP !

I guess I will be a blunt about this.

Roller bearings on the slide? That is retarded! Lectron spent many dollars and hours of research to make two materials that would work against each other to produce a thin layer of lubrication when mixed with gas or alcohol. There is a certain amount of oil impregnated into the slide that causes this happen. The "scratches" are more appearance than anything unless you have gotten sand in the slide area.
Most problems are in the cable and cable routing. The cable prozak inherited was a "next day air, I have to ride this weekend, see if this will work situation." Not the best cable at all.

Old 11-26-2004, 12:38 PM
Pro Rider

............... ouch ................. scuze me while i pick myself up off the floor.

Old 11-26-2004, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider

Prozack,

Sup man. Still playing Quake III? How about Half-Life 2? Doom III owns me... I can't play it for more than 20 mintues at a time cause it freaks me out.

Anyway check your cable routing. Your cable routing has a lot to do with a lot of problems I had with mine. I had terrible thumb throttle effort. It was worse than a Banshee and be sure to leave some slack. I had it super taught. Leaving some slack eases the inital push. I hope this helps and good luck. This carb is awsome. I wish I listened to MRHP earlier.

Old 11-26-2004, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Tomb ! Naa i wore that out long time ago ! All of my game time ( the little that i get ) is into GTA San Andreas on PS2! Doom III that good hun? Man theses games are getting good who knows what we will get to see in 10 more years ?

Back to matters that matter... Im well aware of the importance of the cable routing and I even have a new cable in the mail. Its not the 90 and we shall see when I get it. But even so, I can operate the slide by hand and get the same issues. Im going to do like Randal told me to, clean the carb & slide getting rid of the scratches then installing the new cable With their routing instructions. If that doesnt work then I told randall Ill box it up and send it to him so he can have a look at it. I DO NOT want to give up this carb cuz it runs! Time will tell!!

Old 11-26-2004, 02:34 PM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!

oops.. sorry prozack, I guess these hateful forum members are rubbing off on me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Randall will steer you in the right direction.

Old 11-26-2004, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider

Pro,

One quick question. My Carb (which I'm sure it's an issue I can resolve) if you give it a hard wick it hesitates. How does yours respond? Agreed.. it does RUN!!! My Stage III buddy wants me to lend him his when I tear into my motor (once again)

Old 11-26-2004, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider

No harm no foul Eric... I can only imagine what its like being in your shoes! I dont hold any thing against ya! The idea may sound wacky but I dont have near the experience that you do working with this stuff nor any of the backround info on this product that would be open to people like me. Im just a weekend warrior trying to get this new toy to work properly and yea ill probably come up with some crazy idea in the process. I just want to keep the carb on my bike! Randall has done me right so far , I trust this will be the same in the future.... thanks!

Tomb, Mine rips through the rpms right off idle, no bog or nothing. Mind you I have to wait till its good and warmed up first. Other than that I wont take it for a test ride till I get this deal squared away.

Old 11-26-2004, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider

Whoe up there a minute Super Slider. The cable that Prozack has is not the "next day air, I have to ride this weekend, see if this will work situation." I re-ordered the good cable from Randal promptly after my first ride. Please check the records.....

I'm not sure that "retarded" is either politically correct or even remotely justified.

I'm trying real hard not to go to guns here, and be completely objective - thus, it is in my humple opinion that the STUCK SHUT problem will never truely go away when using the thumb throttle. The design of the current carb suggests that in an enviroment in which ALL-AROUND throttle control is needed, the carb has too many barriers to overcome. This is a DRAG RACING carb that has been modified to work in our applications. And as I have said before, this carb WORKS and makes SICK power. If I was a straight DUNE guy or a wrist jockey, it would probably still be on my sled. Many have stated that they don't have an issue with the stuck shut - AWSOME!!!!!! I can only tell you from my experience. I had the problem, I called and was given a band-aid patch to try to get it to go away. Worked to a degree, but left me with ZERO adjustment in my throttle screw. Not a half of a turn, not a quarter.... ZERO. On my call back, Randal told me that it was common and "OK". Had two different Lectron owners try and get it to pass my (obviusly high) standard for idle and control - SUCKED, pure and simple. It never idled without loading up on itself and belching black smoke out of the pipe. Granted it was a little here and there, but a little is two much for me. Again, probably too high of a standard. But wetting the plug at idle to the point of smelling fuel..... that's a problem. The next person might say, well you could of used a different profile needle - maybe, in fact mayble something that had the same characteristics on the mid and top end but flowed less fuel at idle maybe so.... that was never offered as a solution, and quite frankly, I'm not the one who was going to do hours upon hours of research on needles to get it to run right. That's the whole idea when buying a 46 lectron from Eric. That's what your $750 at the end of the day should get you. it's supposed to be pretty darn close. "A turn here or there" is all that was supposed to be needed. While I'm not trying to drag my pal into this, Mario witnessed the poor idle and has said many times that "if your Lectron is tuned right, it wont idle very well". It just didn't cut the mustard with me on the VERY BOTTOM. I've been very honest about that from the beginning, and I'm sure that I've sold MANY carbs for them with my discussions about Lectron, Mr. HP and Randal. In a discussion with Randal, he was very honest about just that, and that in the end it worked out for everyone. I'm not going to sit idle and lead anyone in the wrong direction or give false analysis.
I'm not a typical "retard" and completey Ford vs Chevy, or Holley vs Carter taking one side until I die kind of a guy. I'm for what works and NOTHING less. I'm back to a TM 45 and am LOVING every minute of it. Was my sled faster up COMP at Dumont with the Lectron? YES. But does that warrant losing control and ridability on the bottom? for me....... no. For you, maybe.

Prozack, have I ever been anything less than completely honest with you? Anybody out there ever know me as being anything but completely honest and helpful. You PM'ers out there know, and I hope you fess up. I've tried to help COUNTLESS people on this forum from everything from NOS to BRAKES, to HUBS, CARBS etc. etc. I've sent pics, instructions, machined some intakes, rebuilt carbs, and even assembled some motors for a few completely free of charge for many of you. I'm here because I you guys are worth the effort, but when it comes to being honest, be prepared for the truth.

BigDaddy will ALWAYS be honest, and as always, my lift is always open for fellow riders. Ask those that have had there sleds on my lift. I NEVER CHARGE and always give them the very best of service. Not because I'm "retarded" but because I try to be the very best humam being I can be.

Old 11-26-2004, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider

Nope BD, you havnt hidden anything from me. Simple as that!
I aint crying about what Ive got, Im DIGGING for any info that might lead the way to succsess without shelling out any extra cash if I dont have to. Does anybody else do it differently?
I knew straight up what I was getting into and will take my efforts as far as I can.

Old 11-26-2004, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

Wasn't implying that you thought I wasn't truthful, just kind of confirming the point that I'm always honest.......

that's the problem with the internet and forums such as this. It's very easy for any ol' jerk to spout and not have any price to pay. I'm SURE that Eric means know harm, and probably wasn't directing anything specific towards me, however I'm not going to sit by and not tell the truth.

I've made my peace with Eric, and I'm not trying to start anything else up. We just need to be realistic about these carbs, where they work and where they don't work.

Quick Reply: Lectron Slide issue ... HELP !