CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Well i had to go to the emergency room the last two nights

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 04:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well i had to go to the emergency room the last two nights

for pain shots, they are not sure what is wrong i have to go see my doctor that did the surgery today tuesday noonish he is gonna work me in, i am in worse pain than i was when i hurt it originally, my left leg gets numb after 10 minutes of walking and when i walk i drag my right leg what a sight i am only 37, thank god i have a lawyer, so anywaysi was gonna do a leak down test on my motor this week and pull the motor and have the frame powdercoated, my son was gonna do all the work but i cant do anything now they got me taking these pills oxycotton and valume, my cousin calls it hill billy heroin lol and they dont help with the pain either so i get on here and ramble on and on so i apologize for pissing anyone off with my ramblings, i was just sitting here reading past posts from the begining for 3 hours i have my computer up on a stand so i can stand up and surf the web thanks god, you guys should see how much you can learn from reading past posts, i read one the other day where the guy suggested welding washers on your frame where your a arms bolt to it to give it a little extra strenght, i think i am gonna do that before i get it painted, he said he had hairling cracks in his but then he needed to get longer bolts well gotta go take some pills later brothers,

Old 12-07-2004, 06:00 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

For the meds you're on you seem pretty coherent, I don't think you've ticked anyone off. It sounds like you need to take it easy and heal up, I know sometimes you feel pretty good with the medication but it sounds like you are getting swelling that is pressing on nerves. They did whittle on your back remember! Take it easy and read up. Lots of tips, just have to do some digging.

Old 12-07-2004, 06:10 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

sorry about your back.....that really sucks

Old 12-07-2004, 07:13 AM
Super Quad Patrol

have you read this

Old 12-07-2004, 08:57 AM
Pro Rider

cool thanks bing

Old 12-07-2004, 10:54 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Whatever you do you have to get off the pain pills. My wives distant cousin OD'd several months ago on pain pills. Back pain was not going away and he kept taking more pills. Good luck guys.

Old 12-07-2004, 02:33 PM
Super Quad Patrol

I agree,,,,be careful of the pills. They can do more damage than good.

Old 12-07-2004, 03:00 PM
Pro Rider

i hate to say it....but

i told you so!!!, i tried to warn you about that surgery...

Old 12-07-2004, 03:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

I agree, Pain pills can/will ruin a persons life, Your doctor "might" be over-medicating you... Ive seen it first hand with a few people I grew up with. They turned out to be dependent on them and zombie-like. Pain pills will make your pain worse in the long run believe it or not. My sister used to work for a dentist and she said that the pills eventually will cause your teeth to fall out. Your tolorance will eventually build up and youll need more and more. I refused to take a pain pill even when I broke my collar bone 8 years ago. I personally think pain pills are worse than most other drugs. Before you take pain pills on a regular basis, you might want to look into longterm side effects and addictiveness.

Old 12-07-2004, 03:31 PM
Pro Rider

i have something for all you guys...especially those who have not opted for the surgery yet..

first of all i am a chiropractor who specializes in spinal rehabilitation... not just the traditional adjustments, we

can make permanent structural changes to the problem area were the disc has became weak/ ruptured/bulged/herniated..i have seen 100's of these problems and they respond great to the rehab.

dont confuse this with physical therapy--that is functional rehab (feels good with no changes to the spine).

this is permanent correction to the area!...i can look and see if there is one near anyone interested.

you can still correct the area after surgery so you dont hurt the disc above or below..thats what usually happens.

its like a domino affect---Ll5 then L4 or L1 ...L2 follow me?

Quick Reply: Well i had to go to the emergency room the last two nights