CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Well i had to go to the emergency room the last two nights

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well i had to go to the emergency room the last two nights

well i just got back from the doctor again this time he injected two shots into my disc he said one was something to numb it and the other shot was something he called mothers milk, it felt like he was injecting mud, my gf told me the whole syringe was full of white stuff that he called mothers milk and injected, he also said he wants to do another mri in a few days to see if things are worse, i wish i would have never had the back surgery i felt 100 times better before i had it,it feels just like it did when i herniated it the same pain same place exactly, what if i cant ride my wheeler anymore? ill have to make the shifter into a hand shifter lol im gonna lay down and take it easy later brothers

Old 12-07-2004, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

I'm not sure that telling him I told you so is the best pick me up right now. I agree that you should do all you can before surgery but it's after the fact and I think he could use some good advice and cheering up.

Old 12-07-2004, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider

its all good

Old 12-07-2004, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider

its all good

Old 12-07-2004, 09:05 PM
Pro Rider

the pick me up or good advice was the second post i put... there is no better advice..

i have been researching and doing this for a long time and i see it help people all the time

also jackass650 if you remember i gave you my phone # to my office so i could give a consultation over the phone to try and help a fellow member out..no call?

there maybe someone in your area tha can help if you want..dont be upset, i just get frustrated when i see things operated on when there are ways to fix them without..

surgery should be your last choice--

Old 12-07-2004, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry to hear about your back. Did the person who operated on you mess up in surgery or somethin? I hope it all goes well for you and get healin so you can hit the trails again. Best wishes to ya.

Old 12-08-2004, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider

I have a friend that just went threw the same surgery as you. His pain has pretty much gone away after about 3 weeks, although he has admited to me that he really likes the pain pills if you know what I mean. Well he cant get anymore and he is about to flip his lid not from pain or anything but from withdrawls, so recently alcohol has been his savior. Man lay low for a while and become one with the couch/bed whichever, your not a Timex.

Old 12-08-2004, 06:38 AM
Pro Rider

I had a fusion done on L5, S1 about 5 years ago. Before that I had pain and numbness and generally felt rotten. The surgery was the best thing I had done. I had the surgery on a Monday, was out of the hospital on Thursday and off pain pills by Sunday.
You are going to have set backs. Don't push it too fast. I felt great and went back to work a week later and wished I didn't. You have to remember that there was a great deal of trauma to your back. The muscles are peeled away from your bones and just layed back down when the doctors were done. The muscles now have to reattach themselves.
I'm not sure what type of surgery you had. Was it a fusion or a laminectomy? Before I had the surgery many people told me horror stories of someone they knew who had it. I never talked to one who had the surgery personally that had a problem. The neurosurgeon who performed mine does about 5 of these a week. He was great and did everything he could to avoid the surgery but finally said this is what would eliminate most of the problems. He never said I would be pain free for the rest of my life, but did say that the worst would be over. He was definetly right. Long story short, I have never regretted the surgery. I hope you can eventually say the same.
As for the pain pills, if you are afraid of addiction, ask for a synthetic they are harded to become addicted to.

Old 12-08-2004, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider

alright JA650. i feel your pain man. i have had several surgeries.( i played football all my life and in college before the navy). these guys are right about the meds. lay off them as much as possible. they are addicting and make your tolerance for pain weak so when its time to get off them the pain is still kicking your a$$ and it makes your recovery time seem longer. i had a torn acl.mcl and shredded cartilage in my knee. i thought i would never run again after the surgery. the doctors said i would be ok but after the surgery i was in constant pain and it seemed like it would never get better. well i am about to get out of the navy after for years of steel ships and iron men.i plan to go back to school and strap on pads again for a season. anyway wat i am trying to say is that as you go through this it is gonna seem like progress is non-existant and the road to recovery is getting longer everyday. trust me, have faith that you will recover, be patient, dont give up on therapy, and take it one day at a time and you will be riding before you know it. that ds will still be in the garage when you are ready to ride if you want it to. good luck man and keep us informed on your recovery. lastly dont think you are bothering anyone on here with your posts, ihave said it before ..... if someone is not interested in a topic hey dont need to read it and obviously we are interested.