CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

GLAMIS ON FOOT!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 07:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GLAMIS ON FOOT!!!!!

ever go to glamis without you'r quad? we went to san diego last week for business and drove over ( snow storm at 4000' on the way) to glamis just to check it out. man what a mistake[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] it's like pure torture being a tourist in a place where you can't do what you love. at least i know where some of the spots are to park ect. oh yeh i picked-up some tee shirts at the store and cool bumper stickers so some peolpe might think i actually rode there [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] it sure was an impressive site.

Old 12-09-2004, 07:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sorry (evil. . . hehehehehe) - Had to rub it in!

Only about a 10.5 hour drive for me (now someone else can rub my nose in that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] )

In college everyone was going to Lake Havasu to houseboat. I couldn't go because I'm a skier and knew it would kill me to see all the ski boats. Hated to miss out on seeing all the Bikinis though.

Man, why did I have to remember that. . . now all I can think about is the Bikinis. . .

Oh yeh, Glamis has those too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I'm happy again. Be there MLK weekend.

Old 12-11-2004, 11:52 AM
Trailblazer

and to think one of the tree huggers arguments about closing part of the Imperial sand dunes was for the hikers....lol I say take a tree hugger to China Wall and tell them to hike to Olds....Ok make it a little easier, just to Brawley Slide...I bet they would be looking for someone to drive them out of there very shortly.......

Old 12-11-2004, 12:49 PM
Pro Rider

jeffroe, lol i know the feeling,i was working on a well about 150 miles east of reno and on the drive in to the hotel we noticed this tall dune.we drove by everyday and finally desided to go look at it.man there was quads everywhere, everyone was having a blast...and we just had to watch...i had heard of sand mountain but i didnt exactly now where it was, lol when we were leaving i seen the sign for sound mountain and it almost made me sick...that close and couldnt even ride .....gut wrenching...

Old 12-11-2004, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider

is the center area still closed? my god that is a huge part of park that is roped off!!! also when we drove in from brawley on the left side of the road seemed to be no machines at all? is that off limits as well?

Old 12-11-2004, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider

Here is a good map that shows all the closures at the ISDRA MAP

The road you drove in on from Brawley was the 78. The part that you saw North of the road with all the virgin dunes is closed to all motor vehicles and is called the Wilderness area.

The store you stopped at was probably the Glamis Beach Store, when looking at that map its is just east of Comp Hill.

Old 12-13-2004, 02:53 PM
Pro Rider

man it seems there isn't much left? ever feel like you'r being squeezed out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 12-13-2004, 02:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

No its all opening back up and you should have hollard'd there is no way we would have let you walk !!!! we would have done it in style[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-13-2004, 05:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

AZ:

When is the area to the East of Sand Hwy supposed to be open? I'ld love to do some more exploring when I am down next.

You need to post some pictures of that new "style" you have [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-13-2004, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

AZSAND, I know what you mean when you say they are opening it all back up.

I just like to point out that NONE of the closed off areas are currently open. Many rumors fly around that the closures are now open, but unfortunately they are just rumors right now. Stay out of the closed areas, they do flyovers and look for tracks that enter the closed area. A lot of times people enter the closed areas because some parts are poorly marked, but some people ride any where they want which is pure ignorance.

Quick Reply: GLAMIS ON FOOT!!!!!