CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Installed my rebuilt tvi 770 tonight

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 12:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed my rebuilt tvi 770 tonight

Cranked my new rebuild tonight. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh h While on the stand at idle it blew the case gasket out the bottom of the engine. Same problem that I brought it in for!!!!!! This stroker motor is a nightmare AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhh Where do I go from here guys #1 give gary another try #2 sell it for scrap #3 does anyone need a big boat anchor?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2004, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

I just happen to have a boat with no anchor....I'll give ya 10 bucks for it, I think thats what an anchor costs at walmart anyways... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Sorry to hear that though, I'd call around and determine what causes the problem, how often it occurs, and whats the best fix for it.

Old 12-16-2004, 01:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sorry about the badluck. Might give another engine builder a shot at it.

Old 12-16-2004, 01:37 AM
Pro Rider

This may sound like a dumb question, but what could cause the center case gasket to get blown out? Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is a huge amount crank case pressure.

Edit: rereading it, you do mean the center case gasket and not the base gasket?

Old 12-16-2004, 01:40 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
see how you are!

Damn sandbomber! Sorry to hear that... That's a sweet machine when it's runnin' right. Though, it's been stated that my preddy needs an anchor [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img], or I need a life jacket...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Do you have similar issues with the 720?

Old 12-16-2004, 01:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sounds like the center gasket between the cases?

Haven't heard of this before.

What's Gary saying is causing it?

Let me know, I can get you Preacher's phone number and you can give him a call. PM me if interested.

Will any of the oil pumps cause it?

If your cases are pressurizing I'ld think you would blow out your ignition sender (seen that with pluged crank case vents.)

Give it back to Gary. . . it's really your best choice.

Sorry you're having the problem.

Old 12-16-2004, 01:47 AM
Pro Rider

Sandbomber,

I'll buy the flag off of it! LOL

Marky

Old 12-16-2004, 01:56 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OregonDunePatrol
Sandbomber,

I'll buy the flag off of it! LOL

Marky
LMAO Great flags Marky!!!! 2mny my 720 never had case pressure, Dune me, I could not get in touch with gary after it happened. This motor has always had a pressure problem. I was hoping this rebuild had taken care of it with a new piston and jug.

Old 12-16-2004, 10:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
I'm Short and Very Ugly.....

Originally posted by: sandbomber
Cranked my new rebuild tonight. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh h While on the stand at idle it blew the case gasket out the bottom of the engine. Same problem that I brought it in for!!!!!! This stroker motor is a nightmare AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhh Where do I go from here guys #1 give gary another try #2 sell it for scrap #3 does anyone need a big boat anchor?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Bomber, Sorry to hear about the bad luck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]......2mny & I where looking forward to running that bad boy against our bad boys at Box car on New Years Eve.........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img].......Don't give up on that DS just yet.....Take er back to TVI and have them get it right [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It's a nice quad and deserves more than being a boat anchor.......roflmfao....Good luck & let us know how it all turns out!!!!!!!

Old 12-16-2004, 10:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sorry Mr Big looks like I wont be able to roost ya on new years[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] Gary called me a couple times today with ideas of what might have happened. Im just going to drop the bike off Sat. and let him make it happen. He did say he would put a rush on it so I will start riding soon. Sorry but dont even say it, I aint riding no stock bikes the dunes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Installed my rebuilt tvi 770 tonight