CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ACE Fab. Swingarms..Whats your opinion???

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 12:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ACE Fab. Swingarms..Whats your opinion???

Check these out I just ordered these up...What do you think about em...Anyone ever heard of them??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting

Old 12-20-2004, 01:15 PM
Pro Rider

Go back a few pages in this forum or do a search, there was another guy who bought one and hammered it pretty bad. I don't know how it turned out in the end.
Here's the link. http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...y&keyword1=ace

Old 12-20-2004, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider

dont get me wrong here. I am not deffending ace fab. but, look at bajaIowa's jumping on that swing arm. and he is big boy too. so, it might work fine for someone else. I just dont think I would go looking to buy one for myself.

Old 12-20-2004, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider

His damage was do to them welding the shock mounts to the carrier housing. It was a stock length swing arm so they just welded it the carrier housing. Poor design on the stock length swing arm by ACE. IMO

Old 12-20-2004, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider

BTW what length swing arm did you go with?

Old 12-20-2004, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider

I have one and my buddy has one on his Rappy. I think they are great mine has held up great. Service was the best I have ever had with any atv custom shop. I would buy another one from him if I needed. Have you looked at the swing arms at on-dunes? They look nice in the picture but who has one to tell us about.

Old 12-21-2004, 10:03 AM
Trailblazer

I think I have the only + 4 swingarm from ODP in exsistance for now and I am in the process of installing it for a test ride at Pismo this weekend. I'll write up something when I get back.

Old 12-21-2004, 02:08 PM
Pro Rider

I've had a ACE Fabrication +4 on my DS all Summer with no problems. I do not jump but I do hit whoops at high speeds that bottom out the stock shocks and I've not seen any cracks or damage of any kind. The swingarm has nice welds and appears to be a sturdy unit.

The pivot bushing were a little tough to install and we had to grind a bit here and there only because I had the swingarm double powdercoated. I asked Chris for tabs that would allow for me to install the stock skid plate. Tabs were welded but the skid plate would not fit so now I'm planning to use the tabs for wheelie bar mounts. No grease zirts were installed either.

Like any aftermarket parts builder, there are going to be a few bugs that need to be worked out. Parts can only be tested to the limits of the pool of test riders the builder can find. BajaIowa swingarm is a very bad design...perhaps a learning curve. ACE Fabrication should use BajaIowa as a product test rider.LOL.

JMiller

Old 12-21-2004, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Sandragggen
I've had a ACE Fabrication +4 on my DS all Summer with no problems. I do not jump but I do hit whoops at high speeds that bottom out the stock shocks and I've not seen any cracks or damage of any kind. The swingarm has nice welds and appears to be a sturdy unit.

The pivot bushing were a little tough to install and we had to grind a bit here and there only because I had the swingarm double powdercoated. I asked Chris for tabs that would allow for me to install the stock skid plate. Tabs were welded but the skid plate would not fit so now I'm planning to use the tabs for wheelie bar mounts. No grease zirts were installed either.

Like any aftermarket parts builder, there are going to be a few bugs that need to be worked out. Parts can only be tested to the limits of the pool of test riders the builder can find. BajaIowa swingarm is a very bad design...perhaps a learning curve. ACE Fabrication should use BajaIowa as a product test rider.LOL.

JMiller
Does the +4 swing arm help keep the rear from a$$ packin' ya...It is notorious with the rears....

Old 12-22-2004, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider

The +4 swingarm helped tremendously. I did adjust the shock rebound and compression to accomodate riding conditions. On hard pack sand or dirt occasionally the front end will want to come up if wheel speed is slow.

JMiller

Quick Reply: ACE Fab. Swingarms..Whats your opinion???