CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

possible 450 update

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default possible 450 update

and if they are doing that, why???

Old 12-20-2004, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider

we just put an order in for some ds's and the reg 650s are not on the order sheet. only the x. that was of a couple weeks ago.

Old 12-20-2004, 07:47 PM
Range Rover

shmee is there a new 800 v-twin outi coming in 06

Old 12-20-2004, 07:57 PM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......

i no allredbomber has a 05 reg ds

Old 12-20-2004, 11:13 PM
Trailblazer

I work for a bomb dealer and its true that you can't order any viper red ds's
I don't think they are going to quit making it. Its not costing them any money
to keep it in production, the Quest 650 4x4 and the Traxter 4x4 might be hurting
them though. They have done good with Outlander 400 4x4. I heard from my rep that they
are working on making the DS 650 it even lighter and with a reverse. The 450 is being
tested at this moment. Hopefully soon they get it into production. I hope what my rep
told me was 100% true because I think bombardier makes a great product.

Old 12-20-2004, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

Bomb has to do something on the DS. With as many YFZ as I have seen on the dunes, and how they perform, I wonder how much longer they will stay in my production without big changes. JMHO

Old 12-21-2004, 12:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Interesting that the Red (standard - non-baja / non-X) is not available. I tend to doubt that it is anything but, temporary.

Not making money on the DS. . . Are you kidding me??? If the DS weren't a money maker they would raise the price. They are selling, just not at the levels of the YFZ450's. Remember, Rotax is making the same engine for the BMW F650.

The DS doesn't need to change. The Raptor hasn't changed and they are still selling plenty of them. The reverse would help them though - especially with the weight of the bike.

I doubt the DS450 will be the two cylinder engine Aprilla we have all seen. They better make it faster / more powerful than the YFZ450 if they want to compete. I've heard the Honda 450's are already being discounted at some of the local dealers. Without a doubt, no matter how good the Bomb 450 is they won't take over the top spot from Yamaha for a long time. Which is fine by me, it will just make it that much more fun when I pull up to the starting line against a YFZ and polish his front plastic. . . but, for now. . . I'm just dreamin' [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

I would love to sell the Wife's Raptor and get her on a Bomb 450 though.

Old 12-21-2004, 08:19 AM
sam
Pro Rider

if the new bomb 450 is as light as fast/ quick,as a yfz w/ electric start, w/ reverse and not hard suspenion they will have a sales monster on there hands. of course it will have to prove its self at the line.

Old 12-21-2004, 09:54 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DuneMe
Interesting that the Red (standard - non-baja / non-X) is not available. I tend to doubt that it is anything but, temporary. Not making money on the DS. . . Are you kidding me??? If the DS weren't a money maker they would raise the price.
They can't raise the price....supply and demand keep the price in check. NO, Bombardier has not actually MADE MONEY on their quads yet.

Old 12-21-2004, 01:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: garyc660R
Originally posted by: DuneMe
Interesting that the Red (standard - non-baja / non-X) is not available. I tend to doubt that it is anything but, temporary. Not making money on the DS. . . Are you kidding me??? If the DS weren't a money maker they would raise the price.
They can't raise the price....supply and demand keep the price in check. NO, Bombardier has not actually MADE MONEY on their quads yet.
That's interesting. Not saying I don't believe you I'm just wondering where you find this information? I'ld like to be able to see that as well. Does it have it broken out by product line? What I mean, is the DS making money or the utes making money? Or neither making money?

I agree that supply and demand dictate price but, if dealers are selling out of them, prices can go up. Also, at some point a manufacturer finds they need to set a price at a certain point to make their profit margin and that's where they will match production to. What I mean is. . . If they dropped the price to $3,000 for a DS, how many would they sell? A ton!!! But, if they lose $1000 per unit it doesn't make sence to drop the price that low just to move a ton of units. So, you set the price where you need to be to make money and wherever the sales level is with that price you match your production level.

Makes you wonder why they aren't making money on their ATV's??? I'm assuming you are specific that it is the ATV line that hasn't made profit? Not the entire company before the split of Recreational Products and the Aerospace / Trains / etc. ???

Quick Reply: possible 450 update