CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

White Brothers E series exhuasts

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 03:27 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default White Brothers E series exhuasts

Hi, I have finally decided to pipe my 2005 DS 650 X. I am thinking of getting a White Brothers E series pipe (It seams to be the best of what is avilable to me, which are the FMF Titanium 4 (14") with stainless steal mid pipe, FMF Power Core 4, and the E series) I have a few questions about the E series.
1. What jets should I use? (Stock carb, Between 1800-2000ft above sea level, and I ride between -10 and 30 degrees Celsius)
2. I am also planning to get a KnN air filter, what other if any air box mods are nessary?
3. What is the overall lenght of the silencer?
4. Can I use my stock head pipe?
5. How does the E series compair to the other two FMF pipes?
Thanks, any help will be greatly Appreciated.

BackinBlackDS

Old 12-22-2004, 03:59 AM
Pro Rider

jets depend on a lot of things, K&N is a good filter but might not want the air box lid, could look into EHS lid, i like mine, dunno silencer length, find a pic, if you get the slip on it will work wit ur stock headers, hence the name 'slip on' compared to 'full system', I had the FMF power core IV and loved it but it fell apart on me, brackets snapped and rivets broke, there are a lot of choices out there, take ur time and research em, dont disclude HMF, Graydon, Pro Circuit, and Yoshimura slip ons... they all have web sites

Old 12-22-2004, 09:31 AM
Pro Rider

doesn't ct racing have a setup for the ds?

Old 12-22-2004, 09:44 AM
Pro Rider

the ct racing hp peak is not much more than stock, it's like 3.2 gain at peak, but at about 3500 rpm there is an almost 13hp gain from stock according to there dyno spec sheet..it shows an even positive gain from about 2500 all the way up!!! where the stock power dives just after 3500 and then comes back up go HERE for the chart...hope it helps and i guess it factors on what you will be doing with your ds

Old 12-22-2004, 09:46 AM
Pro Rider

was gonna post the pic, but nevermind wouldn't work!!

Old 12-22-2004, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

I thought he was just referring to slip on pipes, theres a lot more full systems

Old 12-22-2004, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

I would also factor in noise. I tried the CT pipe for about 5 min. It did have nice gains but the noise was too much. I must be getting older, I want to always turn it down.

Old 12-22-2004, 10:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

the White Brothers is the pro-meg silencer is it the same as the slip on? , The FMF titanium has to have a mid pipe will it work with my stock head pipes.
Thanks for the help with my other questions [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

BackinBlackDS

Old 12-22-2004, 10:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

i have a white bro e series pro meg.... beleive me u can feel the difference.. they make down caps that i jus bought and bigger screws alowing more discs.. i jus got them too.. gota be careful tho.. u do need back pressure.. but yea its a great pipe for the money i got mine for 225.

Old 12-22-2004, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider

Dont get the FMF Ti pipe, I had it with the Ti mid pipe and I actually lost power on the top, granted, there was somemore power down low and mid. Randall at HPR did a shootout on DS exausts and said that the Yoshi and HMF were the best slip-on's.

Quick Reply: White Brothers E series exhuasts