CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Glitch in forum?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glitch in forum?

I have been having an issue lately. Whenever I open someone's photo page, and look at the pics, If I click on the task bar to select the other ATVConnection window, or if I have a photo open and then close it, the whole damn site shuts down. It never used to do that....Pain in the ****. Has anyone else had this happen?

Oh and as a side note I was wondering if anyone has heard of or has an opinion on VAZ sprockets. Any input would be appreciated.

Old 12-23-2004, 12:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Glitch in forum?

Try Mozilla FireFox instead of that lame duck Internet Explorer. Not only will it work better, you wont be leaving yourself open to spyware due to the 10,000 security flaws in Internet Explorer.

http://www.mozilla.org

Also, for browsing forums it has a 'tabbed' browsing feature which you can right click a link and open that link in a new tab. Browsing the forums this way means you keep the thread list open while reading all of the threads and saves a lot of time.

Old 12-23-2004, 12:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default Glitch in forum?

Ya I knew that about the opening in new window. My comp is pretty good for spyware, internet explorer hasn't served me too badly. This is just recent, and only when I open someones photo page....

Old 12-23-2004, 12:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Glitch in forum?

Opening in a new window is very different from opening in a new tab; Internet Explorer will have to be redesigned from the ground up in order to support tabbed browsing. As for spyware - it just means you've been lucky. If you don't have it now that is because you haven't been unlucky enough to find a site that is spreading it. Basically when you browse a website - any website you automatically agree to their terms of service, no matter what it says. Many web sites are adding lines that allow them to install software on your computer without prompting you at all, not only that, they are using security exploits to do it. For example - if you go to my web site, I could legally (at least for the moment) install software that will generate 1 ad per minute and one ad per IE window closure. When you get about 10 of these programs (all running, slowing down your PC) on your computer not only does your PC run like crap you get so many pop ups that you can function (many will cover your entire screen, not allowing you to do anything else) every time you close one of the ad windows the 10 programs will detect that, and open up 10 more pop ups for you, resulting in more and more pop up ads until your PC no longer functions (literally!)

I remove spyware and viruses etc all day getting paid pretty good to do it so I've seen what this stuff can do - I STRONGLY advise you consider moving away from IE, if you see the results of what this stuff can do, you wont take it so lightly, not to mention all of the other advanced features that IE is missing.

Old 12-23-2004, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default Glitch in forum?

I thank you and appreciate you taking the time to do this for me. However I don't use my comp for a whole lot of anything important, I don't have anything important saved on it or anything like that. I do use spyware and adware detecting and rempval programs, and I have been using IE since day 1 without major concern. But if it ever comes around, like other problems have, I just format the computer and away I go. But like I said before, thanks for the help, and I'll definately keep that in mind for the future. Basically it isn't worth the trouble for me to bother... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Thanks and Merry Christmas