CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Dunefest 2005-- July 27-31, 2005

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 04:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dunefest 2005-- July 27-31, 2005

Originally posted by: OregonDunePatrol
The rules as published so far ...

1) No alcohol in the event area (beyond the entrance gate) will be permitted.

2) All vehicles and people entering the event area are subject to a safety search. (In other words, search without probable cause)
Keep us posted[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] I have a group of about 40 this year with about 25 quads. It would be ashame to miss my first year

Old 01-26-2005, 06:39 PM
Range Rover

The primary sponsors of Dunefest in cooperation of Reedsport Chamber have agreed that only the current alcohol restrictions in place on the sandunes will be enforced. Only USFS bans alcohol in their designated camping areas.

The rules currently posted at the dunefest site are just a carry over from last year (2004). Look for updates in about a month. Talks are going on.

I was not going to go again because of the searches but that is changing and it promises to be better this year.

Let's quit talking boycott until the rules are posted. This can be a great event and changes are coming

Old 01-26-2005, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

DSSleuth,

If the rules are changed so that normal Oregon Dunes rules apply, then I will support it. Having a beer after a long ride in my campsite is currently allowed in any paved area (parking lot or campground) on the Oregon Dunes. Afterall, I dont think we want another prohibition. I don't mind talking boycott if an entirely new set of rules, like the ones last year, apply again this year. This will only bring the proper pressure to ensure that undue influence by local residents dont, again, ruin another year.

I'll be ready to wear my 'Boycott DuneFest' T-Shirt as soon as needed. Lets hope that we can have a good year for riders, residents AND vendors. If not, I predict it will be the last one at Winchester Bay. Mario (who is a really good guy by the way) from Alba needs to understand that they also need to push for change. I think there is more to the dune culture than making a buck. Afterall, we're supposed to be celebrating the dunes - not hiding a beer after a ride!

If anyone else agrees, they should post thier feelings - its funny how well these things get back to the decision makers.

Marky

Old 01-26-2005, 07:46 PM
Range Rover

Oregon Dune Patrol

If the rules don't you are probably right about it being the last year. The searches have to go! Last years rules are posted and let's hope to see the new regs soon.

IMO, it is too early to talk boycott. let's see the changes and go from there. Just the mention of boycott has planted the seed and rumors grow from there.

I enjoy Dunefest and want to see it succeed. I am waiting for the new regulations like everyone else.

Yeah, Let's enjoy the dunes without the searches at Dunefest this year.

Old 01-26-2005, 07:55 PM
Pro Rider
You can take all the "shootouts" and put them in one bucket and you won't have beans.

I am open minded. I will wait for the new regulations before I say anything else. I hope it is soon because if is a 'go', I want to make reservations soon. Hope it works out. I really like the dunes in that area and the people we met there last year were really great.

Old 01-26-2005, 11:09 PM
Trailblazer

well i am from louisiana, and have never been to dunefest, buyt i'd ahte to see the emerge as a trend, the strict rules and searches that is, as i have already said i am against drinking while on yah bike, but i don't want anyone searching my property either, and as a matter of fact they Wouldn't search it, i'd leave first,

Old 01-27-2005, 01:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Manihick
well i am from louisiana, and have never been to dunefest, buyt i'd ahte to see the emerge as a trend, the strict rules and searches that is, as i have already said i am against drinking while on yah bike, but i don't want anyone searching my property either, and as a matter of fact they Wouldn't search it, i'd leave first,
They searched my trailer last year and found 3 bottles of crown[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 01-27-2005, 01:46 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: sandbomber
They searched my trailer last year and found 3 bottles of crown[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
What did that cost ya or what did they do

Old 01-27-2005, 10:35 AM
Pro Rider

Usually they just take it. Two years ago they confiscated so much alcohol, that the pile was as high as a house! They probably had a pretty good party for a few nights themselves after DuneFest!

Old 01-27-2005, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: sandbomber
hopefully you had 3 more hidden better.

Quick Reply: Dunefest 2005-- July 27-31, 2005