CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Alberta Riders

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alberta Riders

I know its still winter here, but my friends and i are still discussin where to ride this upcoming spring/summer. I like to ride in whatever sand there is and tracks. But i will ride mostly anywhere. I have rode at edgerton, brooks and a few other areas. I heard hinton has great dunes. Any other suggestions. THX

Old 01-25-2005, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......
Default Alberta Riders

yea hinton has awsome sand dunes the dunes run allong a really dry lake that sometimes doesnt have water in it, the the wind comes off the lake and blows the sand all around...sometimes its very very bad sand storms but its ussually ok but u have the entire beach all the sand dunes allong the beach that stretch back a ways and sometimes u have the entire dried up lake to run on very awsome place. Some other places i ride are at Cadomin up in the mountains lots of rocky high trails up there, Rocky Mountain house has lots of trails and old train tracks to run on there is some sand out by where i live about 40 min away Vega sand hills but i dont think it would be worth the drive for you it isnt to great and lots of it got blocked off my the fish and game guys for some reason...they made them horse trails..... other than that i dont no many places except around here we got lots of trails and that but you sort of gotta be local to no where they are. Up in swan hills there are tons and tons of triails that go forever they, lots of logging roads, they even have a track up there....all of these are along drive for you but i dont no anyting closer...hope this helps.

Old 01-25-2005, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default Alberta Riders

Thx DuneRider... I think i'm gonna make my way to Hinton in the spring. I had my quad at Sylvan Lake for the Coors light trauma tour in the summer. I had planned to go to Rocky Mountain House, since it was only 45min away. But i got caught up in the festivities. There isn't much great ridin here. Just gravel pits and a couple of trails.