CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

exhaust mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 07:02 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust mods

hey there bombers

i know it is another exhaust question the from another doopie bastard

the quetion is i have a '05 baja and i have been toying with the idea of making a new end cap for my stock pipe to see if i can get the fluffing sound out of the exhaust it sounds like cr*p on idle and i cant hear it at all when iam riding with my mate on his raptor.i also want to see if it will give it any more ***** not that it needs anymore at the moment.

my question to you kings of the bomb table is that have you ever heard of anyone doing it and if you have has it been successful or am i just wasting my time my machanic over here in aussie land thinks it might work but i dont know if you know if it does please let me know

thanks matt

Old 02-06-2005, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust mods

Many people on here have done it. I did it on both of mine. Easiest I 've found so far is to cut or grind the 2little pipe off the outsideand grind it flat, then use a 2 1/2" hole saw to cut out right in the middle of the old spigots, after the hole is cut remove the end cap and cut or grind the spark arrestor and and inside spigots off flush, then go to the local muffler shop and get a piece of 2 1/4 inside diameter pipe welded to your new hole bolt it back on. Leave all the internals IN the pipe you get a much better sound that way deep not tinny. Or you can get the premade ones from a variety of sources for 125 dollars or less and they look nicer.