CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

03 ds 650 racer headlight conversion....

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 03:43 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 ds 650 racer headlight conversion....

hello there , i just got done replacing my old style light to the new style,,,,it took longer then i thought..i figured that the new one BOLTED IN PLACE ...the adjuster didnt i could not get that adjuster to work right so i here is what i did...on the top you will have 2 bolts 2 grommets and 2 thick rubber washers...i mounted the new light bracket just like the stock one on the outside of the bike frame mount,,,i used the grommets off the old top of the light into the new bracket, i used the thick ribber washers then the bracket then the bolt...so far so good ,, on the bottom adjuster i put the bracket behind the frame mount because the light was way to high and the plastic did not fit to the 2 mounting holes,,DO NOT CUT THE NEW EXTRA FACE PEICE IT WILL FIT!!! NOW YOU WILL NEED TO TRIM THE FRONT HOOD PLASTEIC AT THE BOTTOM REMEMEBR TO LEEVE SOME MATERIAL SO IT HAS STRENGHT .. soory about the caps dammmn button.ok now mount the adjuster to the headlight bracket bolt going up so it fits into the groove , you will need about 3 washers for spacers , so it should golbottom adjuter bracket then bolt with washer then rubber grommet then bracket then washer and nut to hold the adjuster to the bracket ..then put mabe 3 washers onder the frame bracket to make the headlight come down some ,then tighten the nut on the adjuster ..now here is what i did on the top , the light had a lot of force on the brackets when tight , and remeber every body is saying the new light breaks at the tabs , i drilled right above the factory hole on the top frame mount to take the stress out of the bracket , i drilled about 1/2 inch above the factory holes the light doesnt vibrate or move but does not seam to have the pushing forces of the brackets on the tabs..ill have pictures soon , also i cut both plugs off and soldered the ends the colors go together . i figured the spade connectors are the weekest link in the light setup as far as connection , i used shrink tube it looks good well anyway im going to bed , any questions let me know , rj