CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Lectron 48mm issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 01:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lectron 48mm issues

I was at Dumont today and my Ds was starving for fuel W.O.T.. It would clear up a bit when I sprayed JUST fuel from the nos system with the bottle turned off. That confirmed the carb going lean along with the motor running more hot than usual. Something may be plugged up? But where?

Has anyone had this problem and what could it be. I would have Pmed Eric but Im still waiting patiently for Randall to get back to me about ab axle price from a few weeks back, I just figured you were busy.

The bike cuts out and pops full throttle, And some times loads up on bottom end Idleing. Something in the fuel system might be clogged, But I dont know the proper way to diagnose/clean this particular issue with this 48mm...

But when I was running the juice it hauled *** but got hot very quik..

Old 02-20-2005, 02:44 AM
Pro Rider

When I first put on my 48hv I had some crude under the choke that was causing the opposite problem your having(dont know why I said that, doesnt do you any good) other than your loading up while idling problem. If it is starving for fuel at WOT then I would check your power jet and make sure there is no restriction/trash in there. Its gettin hot fast sounds lean/some sort of blockage.

Old 02-20-2005, 02:47 AM
Pro Rider

The lectron is a pretty simple carb, not much to fail. I would first check the slide to make sure it is all the way up when your throttle is wide open, although I doubt that would make you go lean on top. I assume you are running a power jet, when you rev it can you see fuel start to feed the PJ?

I would pull the power jet and pull the float bowl. You could blow air through the PJ fuel hose to make sure nothing is clogged. I would also clean the main hole where the needle goes into.

Could your bowl be running dry when you are WOT? Kink in the fuel line? Slight vapor lock in the tank?

Old 02-20-2005, 03:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks guys, I Really appreciate the input. I guess Ill take her apart and see whats tickin, Now I kinda have an Idea as to where to look. And Ill check the choke area and where the needle dips. I could blow air through the PJ and I saw it sucking fuel into carb, But it seemed to be sucking later than usual, There may be something lodged further. The slide is opening perfect, was a tad dirty but I cleaned it up.

Thanks again fellas, This forum has great info as always. Ill let ya know what I find. I had a similar prob with my Tm 48 and found a giant sand crab blocking that one.lol

Bowl Is not running dry and no kink in fuel line...

Old 02-20-2005, 07:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you know for sure the bowl isn't running dry then something must be restricting the main or what would be the main jet. Make sure the vent tubes aren't kinked or plugged too.

Was Sam's old Raptor out there running?

Old 02-20-2005, 10:12 AM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!

If its on top end check the PJ first. It has a small hole and could have a piece of trash in it. Make sure the flat side of the needle is facing the motor.

Old 02-20-2005, 12:53 PM
Pro Rider

Don't overlook the fact that a lean condition could be due to a lack of manifold vacuum, maybe a leak in the intake manifold. I'm not sure how you have your nitrous placed but that would be worth a look to.

Old 02-20-2005, 02:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

No, The Pj was not clogged and the needle is straight as it can get. Got to be somwhere else. Ill have to take it apart and clean it. Maybe theres some debri in the bottom of the bowl slowing the flow to the PJ line.

Spincyle, we sprayed carb cleaner around that area, no idle change.

Sixsixty, Yes Sams old bike was out there with the barker dualls. It was runnin good. Bigbaja was out there too but didnt have his gearing dialed in. I made short work of the Sparks 727 and other bikes Sat.
They groomed the othe side of comp hill (across from comp) Was a real nice run.

Old 02-20-2005, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

Mario, let's get back to the WOT issue. You said that you made quick work of the 727..... so am I to assume that the bike WAS running like a champ????? Then the next day it was running bad? Can you think of anything that happened between the two runs? Did it rain? Did you get condensation in the tank and now have a little H20 in there???? That would account for the popping and sputtering.....

as far as the power jet goes.... a jet is a jet is a jet. No blockage, then that is not the culprit unless there is a pin hole in the hose. Also make sure that it's not getting kinked when the seat is down.

also, it might be a good idea to drop the petcock and make sure that there isn't anything causing a restriction. You know how easy it is to get sand in the tank when it's blowing at Dumont. I have a brand new petcock if you want to use it and modify it.... Actually it's your replacement for the one i borrowed form you!!!!!! Riding the button without the No2 on, may help to mask the problem. The pump will spray what is in the line, but holding on to the button for a while, might yeild the same result.... - no fuel (once it's done spraying what was in the line). I think your problem will be above the carb - ie. the tank or petcock.

Call me.... I returned your call earlier today meathead!

Old 02-20-2005, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!

After rereading your first post I wonder if the float bowl is going dry. You may have some trash in the tank causing the fuel line to feed too slow. Was it cutting out immediately or part way up the hill.

Quick Reply: Lectron 48mm issues