CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

I guess I should get Boots

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 10:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I guess I should get Boots

My wife has expressed a concern about that tennis shoes I where when riding.
So I reluctantly started looking at boots and when I saw the prices I nearly had a cardiac arrest...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Mybe that was her intension...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Any of you have a used pair in relatively good shape size 9 or 9-1/2? NOT 10,11,12 so on and so on......

PM me please....I'd rather spend the $$ on the DS but I got's to keep the boss happy.

Old 02-25-2005, 12:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

these are the cheapest i could find check it out link

Old 02-25-2005, 12:55 PM
Pro Rider

You'll spend $7,000 for your quad but you won't spend $250 for some well needed protection?? If you buy the cheapies, mark my words you will regret it after only a few rides. Get some that feel good. You will grow to not want to ride without them. You can find them on close-out from last years models. Try mxsouth. com
You do ride with a helmet, right?

Old 02-25-2005, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider

Dont skimp on safety gear.... Get a good pair of boots. If you dont get a decent pair of boots they may come apart after a season or just be plain uncomfortable. Buckles on cheaper boots can be a pain in the **** and break easy too! Go to a few shops to try them on and if moneys an issue then find somebody on the net thatll give ya a good price.

Good Luck

Old 02-25-2005, 02:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mudnuri
You'll spend $7,000 for your quad but you won't spend $250 for some well needed protection?? If you buy the cheapies, mark my words you will regret it after only a few rides. Get some that feel good. You will grow to not want to ride without them. You can find them on close-out from last years models. Try mxsouth. com
You do ride with a helmet, right?

YES I USE A HELMET !
I'm willing to look at what ever recommendations you make.

Old 02-25-2005, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

Your lucky that you have a common boot size, I'll bet you could find some used boots at a local bike motocross shop. Between kids outgrowing their gear and the motocrossers trying to stay in style they always have a small selection of used gear. We have a shop near here that carries used boots and riding gear but they don't often get 14's in.

Old 02-25-2005, 04:29 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know if it's a blessing or a curse. My wife has always said that the size of you feet is directly proportionate to some of the other extremities...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 02-25-2005, 04:33 PM
Range Rover

I had a tuff time spending the money for my AlpineStars but like its like riding with your slippers on next to the fireplace with a nice cup of coffee.

Old 02-25-2005, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider

For MX, I think the big boots are a great thing to have. I rode Cross Country with a YZ250 for years and I loved my SIDI boots. They probably saved my ankles several times. However, since I purchased my quads, I simply dont see the need for the strong MX style boots. The terrain I ride is dunes and I never put my foot down unless Im getting off my quad. I did purchased the Alpinestarts ATV boots, and I wore them once. Now, that being said, I'm not anti-ATV Boot. I have very good nerf bars and a tether kill switch along with some other saftey items. I prefer a good hiking boot with excellent ankle suport; I can feel the shifter and make more positive shifts quickly. But if the mrs. wants you to spend money on an ATV boot, by all means do it. In my opinion, if she thinks it will keep you safer, all the more chance she'll let you ride more! I suggest buying them, taking them out when you travel out to the riding areas and put some dirt or sand on them so it looks like you wore them when you get back. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Oh, and dont forget your hiking boot for walking around when taking a break between rides.

Old 02-25-2005, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider

I agree. Thank goodness u have feet the size of a kid.lol, jk. I wear a 14 too. Thats no fun .

Quick Reply: I guess I should get Boots