CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

i need your help as soon as you can

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 04:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need your help as soon as you can

i have ds 650 2001 with:
all the adds of baja+ uni air filter, cdi, hmf slip on, 195 main jet of dyno jet, magura cluch.
i read all the things that you write, i need to know the diffrent between the barnnet carbon cluch and the ron wood 60% cluch.
and i need to know which carb to put on my quad, 42, 45? and what i need to add to thuse parts to make it good.
i realy need your help, i live in israel and you are the only one that i find to talk about.

Old 02-27-2005, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

i think the ron woods 60 % is just stiffer springs, where as the barnett is actualy new fibre plates. i dont have either of these so i am not sure.

As for the carb if you are upgrading for performance, then the two most poular options are the TM 45 and the lectron46. the tm from ron woods as you probably know and the lectron from hpresearch.net.
If you go with a carb the only other mod you really need would be a ported intake manifold to go with it. your hmf should do fine with that set up. you might also want to open up the air box (with the aftermarket carb not stocker) depending on your riding conditions, living in israel im guess its dry most of the time so you should have no problems there.

But do a bit more research to make up your mind on what will suit your needs the best.

im sure you will get plenty of opinions offered.

Welcome to the forum.

Old 02-27-2005, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider

Barnett makes stiffer springs just like the ron wood springs, but if ur asking about the kit then you get all new carbon fiber clutch plates and springs, its a real nice setup, but if u want a cheaper way to stiffen up the clutch just get springs, if u have the $ and u want an abuse taker get the kit.
The carb setup is timely and expensive, i waited until i had lots of goodies on before i changed my carb. You will need a carb and intake combo deal like Blue said, you have a few choices like the TM45, Lectron 44 or 46, or the 39 dual carbs.
You can always look here for fellow DS riders eager to talk about their babies [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2005, 04:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

i thanx you all.