CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Jimin...TX?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 03:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jimin...TX?

Welp...it's official! Got a new job and am soon to relocate in Texas. Tough decision no doubt...I'm leaving my little slice of heaven behind. Head rules the heart and I gotta go...so what I'm wondering is where the nearest sand is to Longview/Marshall TX. I've heard about the drags in LA but are there any dunes or strickly sand (river bottom) areas where a person would strap on the paddle tires for the day?

Another question for you East Texans...I know there are no state sales tax, but are the utilities and property taxes really outrageous? What should I consider when looking for a place to call home in the area? Hope to find an acre or two, convenient, low crime, rural area. Any info on blending into the Texas way of livin' would be greatly appreciated!

I know this is sort of OT...so if you want you can PM me with replies...thanks a lot.

Jim

Old 03-05-2005, 05:18 AM
Pro Rider
Default Jimin...TX?

Kermit Sand Dunes, west Tx, Midland-Odessa area

The best Sand Dunes in TX

Old 03-05-2005, 11:10 AM
Pro Rider
Default Jimin...TX?

north of you there is a place we all go lots of good riding there huge sand bar on the red river on the Oklahoma side on hwy37 just north of Clarksville Tx

Old 03-05-2005, 04:45 PM
Range Rover
Default Jimin...TX?

When you get to east Texas you are going to notice that ATV's will be 4x4 big mud tires and beer coolers straped on. And when they see your DS There going to say what the hell is that. So you may consider trading the DS for a mud Swamper befor you go.

Old 03-05-2005, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!
Default Jimin...TX?

Man I was hoping you would move to Ky and help me consume all this Jowl. Did you take an instrument job like you had before? Good luck with the move.

Old 03-05-2005, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default Jimin...TX?

Jim sounds like you will be moving to MrMeaners back yard (area). He can hook you up with riding areas. Will you be making it to the Aledo National in June? Thats about 3hrs from Longiew area.
Joe

Old 03-05-2005, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default Jimin...TX?

Oh those guys know what a DS looks like in east Texas. At least the back of it.

Old 03-07-2005, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default Jimin...TX?

Thanks guys for the replies. Just survived my first day of rigorous training as a QHSE Coordinator for Weatherford Fracturing Technologies...it's the OIL FIELD industry and I'm gonna be the Longview district's new "Safety Guy" (mobennies--co. truck, phone, laptop, office, etc.). I've got lot's to learn and it's a big change from what I'm use to--being one of the guys that sweats, bleeds, and does the "dirty work"...if you know what I mean! Anyway, I'm really stoked about the big change so bare with me as I gloat a little....WHOOHOO!

Again, thanks for keeping me abreast of the local areas and such...looks like I'll be making more than one annual trip back "home" to LS...I think its further to Kermit, TX?!?! Of course my kids a little tweaked about Dad moving away( [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] as am I )but her response when I asked her how she really felt blew me away and made me feel better.

Looking forward to meeting you someday, MrMeaner! Anyone that has a stable so full of DS's is sick and insane and has my utmost respect!

Jowl?! I'm privy to the knowledge that MrHp makes the best breakfast jowl anywhere...and builds fast DS's to boot!

Change is tough but good....

Jim

Old 03-07-2005, 10:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Default Jimin...TX?

Great to hear Jimbo, Congrats. You need to get a little work out this way so we can party like the ol days...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-07-2005, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default Jimin...TX?

Yea we will have to hook up and ride. Ive got some HP stuff on a few of my quads. Mostly trail riding and drags here. Go with us sunday to the river. Always a big turn out and lots of sand.