CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

open to suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default open to suggestions

has any one ever heard of this???? take the rubber air box hose off the bike runs great when i put it on the bike wont rev it just spitts and sputters. i have changed the needle positions dont make a difference. i noticed that after i ride without the hose seems to spray gas and covers the underside of the seat. only rode like this to see what happened. as soon as i hook the hose back up spit and sputter. i changed the diaphram. Please any suggestions are greatly apprecated. Thanks john

Old 03-06-2005, 07:57 PM
sam
Pro Rider

John,
assuming this is the clear carb hose, have you tried this, take the hose off the carb end and blow through it see if its free flowing no obstructions. let us know

Old 03-06-2005, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider

sam, i am talking about the black rubber boot that attaches the air filter to the carb. I have already tried blowing out the clear hose. this thing has really stumped me. thanks , John

Old 03-06-2005, 08:10 PM
Pro Rider

i can remove the air filter and leave the boot attached and it still wont rev, seems like the only way it will rev is with the boot completly off???????????

Old 03-06-2005, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

what kind of shape is your air filter in? sounds like your starving it for air when u hook your tube up..

Old 03-06-2005, 08:19 PM
Pro Rider

i have just put a brand new stock air filter and outer foam on. when everything started i took it in and had it serviced. the tech said a dirty air filter and valves out of adjustment was the problem. When i got it back it has not been ran for 2 hours since. i dont have a bomb dealer around where i live only honda yama etc. any way 250 bux later he didnt fix the problem. thank, john

Old 03-06-2005, 08:32 PM
sam
Pro Rider

here is a couple of brain farts you might want to try if you havent yet. take the boot off and using your finger move the slide up and down see if it goes up and down w/ a little resistant just from the spring. second tripple check the diaphram make sure its seated good and no accedental tears Im assuming not its new. another is as its idling spray some wd40 around the carb boot between the carb and engine check for air leaks.
wheew [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 03-06-2005, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

again i am just guessing now. what are the symptoms of a faulty or broken timing tensioner haw do you go about checking that. really i thhink my problem is the carb.
Sam, i visually checked the boot going to the motor looks ok but tomorrow ill try the wd 40 trick. thanks again

Old 03-06-2005, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider

are u running with the air box lid on? if so , try hooking up your tube and take your lid off your box and see if that helps, if it does u might have snorkel tubes plugged up ....just a thought..

Old 03-06-2005, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider

i have already tried that also, thinking of placing a extremly low hour 2000 ds 650 in the classified ads cheap. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks

Quick Reply: open to suggestions