CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Couple of TM45 questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple of TM45 questions

The clear hose the came from the carb boot(between carb and airbox) and the carb, what did you guys do with it? also, as far as playing with the springs to get the stiffness down, right now i have the soft spring on, i've twisted to try to give it more tension(like unwinding it) and i did the opposite to the pump spring, but it seems like the last couple times i've done it that it hasn't made a difference, still doesn't close all the way unless i snap the throttle, is there any extra lil trick to it? or do I just need to keep trying until i get it perfect?
and SAM thanks for sharing jetting specs from awhile ago, I set mine up the same seems to be working pretty good, hasn't coughed or sputtered yet, although I think need to play with the pump timing and maybe drop a main, are you running with the airbox lid on?

Old 03-07-2005, 01:59 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

get rid of that clear hose, and plug the hole in left in the side of the airboot.
just gotta keep trying on the those springs, you are on the right track. you can send it to me if you can't get it, and I'd be happy to tweek it for you if you'd like.
set the pump spray to start immediately off idle, and stop squirting just before 1/2 throttle.

Old 03-07-2005, 08:22 AM
sam
Pro Rider

Lid Off... and when summer comes if your not gona be in any water areas take the box off completly its good for a slight boost in hp IMO. the spring thing is like HT said, it took me 2 times to get it right, when I did it the spring was tough to change its fourm. it was doing the same as yours is now. but it been great ever since. ive since plaid w/ jetting some more im at 37.5 main and a 155 main runs pretty well. also I dont know if your is like this but when shes idling does it like cam out, mine sounds like a car w/ bigger cam in it. it idles fine dont stall or anything. its done it ever since I put the 45 on.
later