CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

make it pull

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default make it pull

the quadzilla was to my knowledge one of the fastest quads ever made, and its a two stroke. Comparing the two is just going to let you down, unless reliability is a big plus for you. The DS is supposedly bullet proof so you should love that.

Old 03-10-2005, 08:00 PM
Trailblazer
Default make it pull

Air cleaner upgrade,jetting and a endcap start there see what you want after that,,

Old 03-10-2005, 09:31 PM
Trailblazer
Default make it pull

Not to rant here, but by changing the pipe (HMF), air filter (K&N), removing the airbox and jetting, mine is a completely different machine. It will now pull the front tires just by using the throttle, wouldn't do this before, it would just lift the suspension. My buddy that sold his Bomb because he thought it was too big and slow, and got a TRX 450, is now thinking about getting rid of his TRX 450 to get another Bomb. Big difference !!!! Good Luck !

Old 03-10-2005, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default make it pull

Originally posted by: AZDUNERAT
the quadzilla was to my knowledge one of the fastest quads ever made, and its a two stroke. Comparing the two is just going to let you down, unless reliability is a big plus for you. The DS is supposedly bullet proof so you should love that.
Not necessarily, my brother's zilla is ported,cool headed, lrd piped etc. He bought it for his trail bike, I let him ride mine last week, now he wants a ds. Like everyone is saying, the ds can be made faster and keep the reliabilty. Go with the end cap, stock carb modded, and the end cap, and you will be happy untill you get bit by another speed bug.
Later
Justin
PS. congrats on the new purchase.

Old 03-10-2005, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default make it pull

i have my zilla for trail riding and love it but im rebuilding the engine right now so i bought the ds to ride so i have a back up, What brand of end cap is good must be U.S approved for the arrester? And i plan on removing the air box lid. When you put on an end cap does that mean there is no more baffel ?

Old 03-11-2005, 03:52 AM
Pro Rider
Default make it pull

Well the end cap has just a BIG OPEN hole in a billet muffler end cap. You remove your stock spark aressted restrictive whimpy end cap and bolt this what should be called a beauty ring on your stock muffler. This is in no way going to pass by a forrest ranger visually or by sound. They are very loud....I like it, most people do. I ride at the dunes and in the desert so its not really an issue for me. As far as the baffle....well that packing gets blown out pretty quick....at least mine did. Whats left inside is a thick heavy cylnder mesh.....I'm thinking of just taking it out.

Old 03-11-2005, 12:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default make it pull

Well the biggest plus for ya is u dont haveta rebuild the DS engine like u do the Zilla [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
But like everyone is saying, its hard to determine what u want to make it go w/ a limit on ur $, your exhaust, jetting, air filter are ur top priorities, then u could aim at ur ridin style and what ur lookin for as far as tires and gearing go, i cant wait to get my 15 tooth sprocket on. Then maybe look at a CDI box, carb and ported intake and clutch springs or kit to keep up wit ur new mods

Old 03-11-2005, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default make it pull

Yep, riding style will be way different.......time to "re-train the brain" its a whole different zilla.

Old 03-12-2005, 04:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default make it pull

Thanks guys i think i will try that end cap that uses the discs, then i am going to get the kit that puts the outerwears on the airbox lid so it can breath, and then jet it. we will see how that works. what can you safely rev these things to?

Old 03-12-2005, 05:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default make it pull

to the moon..........but you need to remover the limiter, you will need an aftermarket CDI for that. I have been on a 02 baja with the woods box and played in the 9000 range, seems fine there.

Quick Reply: make it pull